Please create plugin that fills transparent areas with white

pschroeter

I would find it very useful and be eternally grateful if someone would create a simple plugin that takes all the transparent areas in an image and fills them with white. So far the simplest way to do this that I've found is to: create new layer, fill it with white, move layer underneath, then merge layers down. I tend to work in one layer and keep creating transparent areas by using the eraser instead of painting white, and moving selections in images. I would really like this to be a one step procedure.

Why are you so dead-set against creating a new layer? That really is probably the best way to do it...

Alternative: (Not a very good one)

Select the transparent parts with a selection tool ( :EllipseSelectTool: :LassoTool: :RectangleSelectTool::MagicWandTool: ), then fill it with white...

Alternative2: (Much better, but can be daunting for inexperienced users)

Use Curves+.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Just merge the two layers .... I don't see why we need a plugin for this.

How 'bout just paint it white. That will get your hopes up! :wink:

sig-3.png

"Yep! Everyone loves dogs! And most of us love to know what heaven looks like! But however, there's one who thinks that "All Dogs Go to Heaven"! And that's me!" --Myself