Paint.NET v3.20 Beta 2 is now available

Rick Brewster

Get it either from the website (http://www.getpaint.net), or from within Paint.NET itself. Note: Make sure you have "Also check for beta releases" enabled. You can access this option by going to Help -> Check for Updates, then clicking on the "Options" button.

Please be sure to report any compatibility problems with plugins.

NOTE: This is a feature-complete beta. There will be NO new features added between now and the final release. Please DO NOT ask for any new features in this thread. The only thing that matters now is stability. And fixing typos.

* Note: New features will be displayed in English through the Alpha and Beta release(s). The final release will include full translations for the other supported languages.
    * Fixed: Drawing a "Fixed Size" selection was resulting in a rectangle that was 1 pixel too wide, and 1 pixel too tall
    * Fixed: A small layout glitch in the toolbar that was hiding the "Fixed Size" units selector
    * Fixed: A layout glitch in the Red Eye Removal dialog that caused it to show a scroll bar when it wasn't necessary
    * Fixed: Header's etched line control rendering in XP with the Luna visual style
    * Fixed: A few rare crash bugs
    * Fixed: Some corner-case glitches and crashes in the new IndirectUI and property system

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

This makes me a happy camper--a good way to forget about the bad mood I've been having today. Nice to see that the "fixed size" glitch was fixed, because that was the only glitch that I really cared about...

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I am a disco dancer. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

Its great but took way longer than the 1st beta to install. The 1st beta took a minute or 2 and the newest beta took 15 minutes :x .

But now it works, thanks rick!

Excellent. Install'd.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

It is treds like this that makes me return to this forum again and again.

And when Rick is not updating; all the other treads about how to use paint.NET. :wink:

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

Its great but took way longer than the 1st beta to install. The 1st beta took a minute or 2 and the newest beta took 15 minutes :x .

But now it works, thanks rick!

It took me about 1 minute to install it. No difference there...

The trick is making the first alpha/beta as feature-complete and bug-free as possible ;)

I noticed. This is the first time I've seen alpha 1, alpha 2, and beta 2. :P

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Works wonderfully. Thanks, Rick! :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Got a bug: most of plugins don't load on my XP laptop anymore...

Load errors list: link

I had no such problem with PdN beta1. I haven't changed any settings on my computer.

Any idea what's wrong?

No such problem on my desktop PC (also XP)...

39 of 44
--------------
File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\PaintDotNet.StylusReader.dll
     Effect Name: 
     Full error message: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Ink, Version=1.7.2600.2180, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Microsoft.Ink, Version=1.7.2600.2180, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'

:?: :shock: Your installation seams corrupted...

You could try to copy the whole folder Paint.net from your PC to your Laptop...(be sure you have installed in the same path and the same version)

Is it possible to only reset the window positions of the windows that were open prior to the reseting?

*i don't use the history window*

Edit: would it also be possible to reset the windows by clicking a button like F2 or F3 etc.?

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

39 of 44
--------------
File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\PaintDotNet.StylusReader.dll
     Effect Name: 
     Full error message: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Ink, Version=1.7.2600.2180, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Microsoft.Ink, Version=1.7.2600.2180, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'

:?: :shock: Your installation seams corrupted...

You could try to copy the whole folder Paint.net from your PC to your Laptop...(be sure you have installed in the same path and the same version)

StylusReader in "effects"? Well, that's fishy!

Um....Rick can you answer the question I put earlier.

Please.

Please.

This might answer your question.

NOTE: This is a feature-complete beta. There will be NO new features added between now and the final release. Please DO NOT ask for any new features in this thread. The only thing that matters now is stability. And fixing typos.
The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Please.

This might answer your question.

Whoops. Maybe I'll ask when it's time for the next version. :wink:

Got a bug: most of plugins don't load on my XP laptop anymore...

Problem solved! It was all my own bad... :oops:

Please excuse me for this BS.

I was studying evanolds' source code of conditional hue/saturation effect in C#, and apparently rebuild command dropped PaintDotNet.Core.dll and PaintDotNet.StylusReader.dll into the Effects folder. Just had to delete those and everything works normally again.

Thanks MadJik and Fisherman's Friend for pointing me towards solution.

Is it possible to only reset the window positions of the windows that were open prior to the reseting?

*i don't use the history window*

Edit: would it also be possible to reset the windows by clicking a button like F2 or F3 etc.?

F5 - F8 are buttons that open / close the History, Colour, Tool & Layers windows :)

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D