Play with my logo?

Would anyone like to enhance my logo and tell me how you did it?

I just downloaded Paint.net and have no idea how to use it.

Figured this Tiki logo might be a good place to start learning effects.

If you could make some improvements, repost and teach me how you did it I would be very happy!

thanks

11120_496179c5eebe9d211850940219a981dc

TikiTed

Tikiwrearlights-1.jpg

FIRST read the rules this isn't the place to post questions about the program.

SECOND read some tutorials to get to know the program better.

Rule # 3

3) DO NOT SHOUT. We can hear you just fine. Using all capitals is often interpeted as rude, so please don't.

The unspoken rule: Its nice to be important but it more important to be nice. Try that with the new people and make them feel welcome. This should be a fun place to learn and visit.

The tutorials are not well organized for newbe's. Ya cant start the engine till you find the key hole.

TikiTed

Tikiwrearlights-1.jpg

He wasn't shouting. Don't quote rules until you've been around for long enough to know what they mean.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Tiki, A logo revamp is something that people usually have to pay good money for...

Honestly, reading the rules would have saved you a lot time.

Rules:

23) ADVERTISING and SOLICITING are strictly prohibited. This is NOT a place to find artists or developers, either for hire or for volunteer/free.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Perhaps something like this, but I haven't spent to much time on the details...[attachment=0]tiki.png[/attachment]

That is interesting and much nicer than the cartoon original! Could you tell me what you did to create this?

thanks for your time

TikiTed

Tikiwrearlights-1.jpg

Tiki, A logo revamp is something that people usually have to pay good money for...

Rules:

23) ADVERTISING and SOLICITING are strictly prohibited. This is NOT a place to find artists or developers, either for hire or for volunteer/free.

Honestly folks, I have no promotional interest in this post and am not looking for a freebee make over of my logo. I was simply directed to this forum as the help tutorial and want to learn the things that I want to do.

I thought when I posted "play with my logo" I would get some of the senior members to give me some tips on how to take advantage of some of the features in paint.net. The logo was just a simple clean example to use.

I apologize if my direct approach broke some rules but lighten up! I just want to learn the ABC's and the tutorial is not set up to be newbe friendly.

It would be nice if the tutorial was broken into beginner, intermediate and advanced with some experienced members hosting the threads. Till then you guys are the help forum teachers so remember back when you knew absolultly nothing about paint or digital editing.

TikiTed

Tikiwrearlights-1.jpg

Rules:

Honestly folks, I have no promotional interest in this post and am not looking for a freebee make over of my logo. I was simply directed to this forum as the help tutorial and want to learn the things that I want to do.

I thought when I posted "play with my logo" I would get some of the senior members to give me some tips on how to take advantage of some of the features in paint.net. The logo was just a simple clean example to use.

I apologize if my direct approach broke some rules but lighten up! I just want to learn the ABC's and the tutorial is not set up to be newbe friendly.

It would be nice if the tutorial was broken into beginner, intermediate and advanced with some experienced members hosting the threads. Till then you guys are the help forum teachers so remember back when you knew absolultly nothing about paint or digital editing.

...it was before the rule 23 exists! :oops: :roll:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4593

So perhaps you could share your work on it...

Perhaps something like this, but I haven't spent to much time on the details...[attachment=0]tiki.png[/attachment]

That is interesting and much nicer than the cartoon original! Could you tell me what you did to create this?

thanks for your time

Start with a vertical gradient (left to right, orange to dark)

Use the Shape3D-Cylinder (no light)

Duplicate several times for each parts

Use the bulge effect (negative to create the V shape of the 'hat', positive to enlarge for the month)

I made the symbol on the front using the :oops: polar-inversion :P + tube oblique vertical...

...that's some steps for you to start with...

Paid in full[/b]

Thats the american way :wink: (whats left of it anyway.)

Wow. thats the kind of talent I dont have time to develop. What kind of media was used to create that and where can I find people that do that kind of work?

please

TikiTed

Tikiwrearlights-1.jpg