Sig-Of-The-Week #11 - Minimalism *Helio takes the cake!*

Crazy Man Dan

Holla! The theme for this week, as chosen by Mike.Ryan52, is Minimalism.

And this winners for this week, as chosen by the voting public are as follows:

1st: Helio

2nd: jake2k

3rd: david.atwell

As I'm sure many expected, Helio ran away with the votes, with 50% of the voting total swinging his way. jake and david were the runners up, and there were many other users who received one vote each. Seems minimalism means different things to different people. :wink:

As always, congratulations to our winners, and a huge thank you to everyone for participating!

Let us now head on over to the discussion thread and continue batting around ideas for the next one. Helio will make the final decision as to the theme. I'd like to get the next competition started on Sunday, so let's start talking! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy carp! It seems like participation is up for this round. I seriously have a little numbness in my hand from copy/pasting all the links, names, and image tags. Let's just hope voting increases to match the influx of entries, eh?

( Pssst! This means it'd rock to high boulder if you took a few seconds to vote for your favorite. :wink: )

The following are the entries that were submitted this week! Click on the name of the artist to view the original submission post with the artists comments about that particular entry. Also, please note that the submissions of verndewd and El Che Garcia are both 52px wider than regulation allows, and are therefore not eligible for the competition. Sorry guys.

Voting Deadline:

You have four full days to vote, from the time you see this message until 11:59pm PST (7:59am GMT) on Thursday the 6th.

While the voting is going on, it'd be swell if you'd head on over to the discussion thread and chatted about ideas for the next SOTW. The winner of the voting will choose from the suggestions.

To vote for your favorite, PM the name of the artist to me before the deadline. These are the submissions:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ovenman

entryno1es2.png

DecemberWinds

MinimalismSig.png

Stephan

stephansigotweekqd2.png

Wither

minimal-1.png

salu

lifegoesaround.png

TheVoid

8293w2o.png

ncfan51

minimalsim-1.png

CommanderSozo

signaturesozo-1.png

thehamster

sotw.png

agent387

simple-1.gif

aguba

minimal.png

jpope

SOTW11Minimalism1.png

Ego Eram Reputo

minimalist.jpg

jake2k

minsigkb8.png

Crazy Man Dan

minimalfair.png

MadJik

mchrom1.png

lipper

min1.png

someone2016

newersig2.png

Helio

ignite-s.png

khamblin

mini.png

olav.k.m

minimalistic1.png

oma

sigcontest.png

Andrew D

8fpd36q.png

Bob

11_mini_png.png

david.atwell

minimalismsig.png

babyjax13

one-4.jpg

OrangeConcentrate

Minimilismlifesotw.png

cjmcguinness

MinimalismSig.png

MattBlackLamb

NewDesMBLSOTW-1.png

janettsue

namesig.png

barkbark00

minimal2.png

Once you've chosen your favorite, send me a PM with their name. Click below to get started:

Send CMD a Private Message

Minimalism in it's essence means reducing a work down to it's barest minimum, excluding any unnecessary design elements. The composition should still be attractive, but should not contain any more than absolutely necessary to convey the artists desire. There's a WikiPedia article on the subject if you'd care to read more. If you have any questions, ask 'em in the discussion thread.

The deadline for this competition is Midnight (Pacific) on Sunday, December 2nd.

Check the SOTW Rules!

1. Max sig dimensions follow the board's max sig dimensions, 500x150.

2. No crude / offensive language, pics, et cetera.

3. Sig must follow the set theme.

4. Only one entry per person and no modifications are allowed after submitting your entry.

5. You must post the URLs to any and all stock images used in your sig.

6. You are allowed one post in this topic. That post should include your sig, links to your source images, and possibly a couple bucks for me. Placeholders (empty-posting now, editing in a link to your sig later) are not permitted.

***This thread is for posting your entries only! If you wish to talk about one of the entries you can do so here.***

If your entry breaks any of the rules it will be disqualified.

Good luck all! :D

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Simplistic enough?

First post, first attempt at a competition and yes, I have read some tutorials and also the rules...

Anyway... :oops:

entryno1es2.png

signaturequ6.png

On November the 21st, exploder wrote: "for the record im estonian i have:all the same letters that the english alfabeth has+äöüõ" (on a debate about his post not having the letter 'p').

Oh the ironing...

Black is a type of cheese manufactured in the lower West corner of Austria. Deal with it.

My DA : My pathetic site : Imageshack : Facebook

By way of explanation, the latin translates to "I've been thinking". Thus I thought it appropriate for the phrase to appear to be coming (out) of grey matter. No borders, no drop shadows, no extra effects, I guess that's about a minimal as I can get!

minimalist.jpg

[edit] I know it's hard to believe, but no stock images were harmed in the making of this offering. :wink:

I can't believe this thing is still going haha:

minsigkb8.png

(this might look different to people who's web browsers don't support transparency ;) )

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^

For my minimalist offering, I've framed a quote from one of my favorite new bands, FAIR. The quote is the second verse and pre-chorus of the song Pause.

minimalfair.png

No stock images needed. Font used was Tahoma at 8pt size with Sharp rendering.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Man, it's been quite a while since I have entered the SOTW.

ignite-s.png

Just one word: ignite.

No stock images were used in the creation of this signature.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."