Paint.NET v3.20 Beta 1 is now available

Holding [Ctrl] has nothing to do with it. GDI+ simply can't make heads or tails of the image. It probably has a small section that's corrupt -- in fact, regular Paint can't open this image either. Photoshop is able to, however.

Its right Paint can't open. Irfanview open. Windows Photo Gallery (defaut viewer Windows Vista) opens too.

Any Joint Photographic Experts Group Doctor online? :P

Just take a screen shot from somewhere you can see it, then paste it into Paint.NET. That'll remove everything that's corrupt from it.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Holding [Ctrl] has nothing to do with it. GDI+ simply can't make heads or tails of the image. It probably has a small section that's corrupt -- in fact, regular Paint can't open this image either. Photoshop is able to, however.

Um, I wasn't talking to the person who was having issues opening the file... I was talking to Panhead, who was talking about the selection being copied and then moved, rather than just being moved...

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

At long last, after 3 months I can open Paint.net and the installer with this version.

But only together with the newest Framework 3.5.

Before I tried to carry out all your tipps about MSI installer and Framework it always failed and I gave up going on with it. Now I'm happy.

Sorry about my english.

Is it possible to create radial blur with quality lower than 1?

It would be very usefull, I saw it while working on text, when I set angle to 360, center in corner and quality 1 I get some good effects.

PS:text was on another layer in upper part of image, background transparent.

Logo-1.gif

The Asmageddon is coming.

You better prepare... or you won`t survive

Is it possible to create radial blur with quality lower than 1?

It would be very usefull, I saw it while working on text, when I set angle to 360, center in corner and quality 1 I get some good effects.

PS:text was on another layer in upper part of image, background transparent.

NOTE: This is a feature-complete beta. There will be NO new features added between now and the final release. Please DO NOT ask for any new features in this thread. The only thing that matters now is stability. And fixing typos.

If you want alternative options to Radial Blur, try this: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5818

I don't know if it'll do what you want, as I don't use it, but it's worth a try.

xZYt6wl.png

Not sure whether this is a bug or not, but I have, for example, two images open, one in particular with enough layers to invoke the scroll bar on the Layers window (here, I will refer to this image as 'X', the other 'Y'). I switch from X to Y, but when I switch back over to X the Layers window has scrolled to the very top - showing the top-most layer - therefore I have to scroll down to the layer I was once on (which is still highlighted). Okay, that was poorly described, illustrations are in order.

In sequence:

While on image X .. switched over to image Y .. switched back to X.

th_layerswindowproblem.png

As you can see, once back on the heavily layered image I have to scroll back down to the still selected layer, and although not detrimental, is a hassle at times. I cannot recall this occurring in previous versions.

Warning:

1. Plugin only for v3.20B1 (will be updated for final v3.20)

2. Screen resolution size needed : 1200x1024 minimum (if height is less than 1024px you will have trouble to use this plugin, width doesn't mind)

radialcolor2.jpg

I will create a specific topic when final PDN v3.20 will be published.

This version is for tests...

Cool effect!

As you said though, the UI is really screwed up for small resolutions. Every time I moved the window or unfocused/refocused on it, it flickered a lot and the scrollbar appeared and disappeared. (Bug for Rick?)

The effect is an ®evolution of the Radial.cs provided with the CodeLab.

He should already know about the bug....that's why I'm warning because the plugin won't(shouldn't) work any more after the bug fix.

Glitch?

Nope, that's probably an accident made by Rick when doing the Beta version, when he was making the plug-in windows non-resizable.

And that's not a glitch? :P

Apparently the definition of glitch was revised during the 5 minutes I had Visual Studio closed...

xZYt6wl.png

I said Bug? with the ?

BTW it's strange to me to have something different to what I'm seeing...

And ok I could manage to avoid to save a white image.

I was thinking about others as well, will they manage?

And perhaps you've already think in this way too and created the preview as an answer...

So nevermind...