Battle of the Browsers

DarkShock

Which Internet Browser Do YOU Like?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which Internet Browser Do YOU Like?

• Firefox
    • Internet Explorer
    • Safari
    • Opera

ncfan: :oops: Thanks. Just tried the test again and Opera did pass. Many many blogs went flaming Opera on this. Plus my source tends to make mistakes :lol:

Pyrochild: Do not mention Safari Beta 3. Simply saying those three words together makes me die a little inside. Like it did to my pc. My pc died a little inside :D Then again, if the pile of rubble we call Safari Beta 3 passed the test and IE7 did not, that- by extension -makes IE7 worse than Safari Beta 3. Which is funny, imo

signature.png

Pyrochild: Do not mention Safari Beta 3. Simply saying those three words together makes me die a little inside. Like it did to my pc. My pc died a little inside :D Then again, if the pile of rubble we call Safari Beta 3 passed the test and IE7 did not, that- by extension -makes IE7 worse than Safari Beta 3. Which is funny, imo

Although I'm not a professional website designer like Crazy Man Dan, I do do quote a bit of hobby websites, and need to test everything I make in all 4 major browsers - Firefox, Opera, Safari, and IE. And yes, those are in the order of my respect for each browser.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I think Apple after the success of the iPod is stretching themselves too much to make themselves look cool. Face it, Vista is better than Leopard on the Mac. iLife 08 is like they walked backwards with the program, not forwards. Safari on windows is a wast of resources that could actually have been used on iLife 08. Apple needs to stop worrying about the look of their products and start worrying about enhancing them. Their greatest revelation so far has been the iPhone, and even that is over rated. (ZOMG!! HNT HM DWN!!!111!!!!) Seriously. Apple better get themselves together.

Pyro: I feel bad for your pc. Running Safari on it is like locking your pc in a basement for months without feeding it. In the end, it never works right again.

signature.png

did you do it?<<

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

Garage Band is too buggy. (Then again, why even make Garage Band? Once again, waste of resources)

Actually, my favorite web browser lately for my Web 2.0 sites is Mozilla's Prism.

Edit: ncfan51 that is partially my point. And everything about iLife 08 is buggy. It just doesnt feel new I guess is what I am partly trying to say here. And I think worldnewser or Yata voted for Safari beta 3,

signature.png

Pyro: I feel bad for your pc. Running Safari on it is like locking your pc in a basement for months without feeding it. In the end, it never works right again.

Feeding? What, prey tell, would I feed a computer?

Anyhoo, Opera and Safari are in virtual machines. Not my main installation. But IE is infinitely worse than Safari, which is infinitely worse than Opera, which is pretty damn close to Firefox, but not quite there.

xZYt6wl.png

Drop it like it's hot.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Oh my God, it's not cyanide for your computer. Yes it may have a few bugs, yes it may be causing problems for some people and their machines, but it hasn't made anyone's computer combust. Calm down. Would you really think that people (I thinking of you pyrochild and CMD) would use it for even testing purposes if it was that bad? No, it is clearly still usable. And according to pyro, better than IE7.

I'm going to get my head bitten off for this, aren't I?

* bites off Myrddin's head *

:P

Actually, I can't use Safari - It won't run on my computer. It used to, then one day it stopped, and now I can't even open it without it crashing down.

From a browser standpoint, I find it a little on the simplistic side, with a few "missing" features and very little customizability, but fairly standards-compliant. As such, though it may not work on my computer, I still respect it as a competent browser.

I do, however, agree with the order in which pyro listed the browsers in order of awesomeness (Firefox, Opera, Safari, IE : descending). So, if you're using a Mac, go ahead and use Safari since it's already there. But if you're using a PC, unless you're planning on using it for cross-browser compatibility testing, there's very little reason to choose it over Firefox or Opera.

Just please, all you PC users, until IE8 comes out, download a different browser. Please. :wink:

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Oh my God, it's not cyanide for your computer.

Cyanide isn't the best thing to compare Safari to... Perhaps the FLU would be a more accurate description. It's not fun by any means, but you and your computer will usually make it through, no damage done. Sometimes, though, the flu can cause fatalities...

IE is more like... HIV. You can be born (preinstalled) with it, you can't get rid of it, but with proper treatment (using a different browser), you can delay the onset of AIDS.

xZYt6wl.png

Anyway, does this mean you are sanctioning IE8?

I'm cautiously optimistic about IE8. Passing Acid2 is a big step up as far as CSS support is concerned, and that's my biggest beef with IE up to this point. I'll postpone final judgment until I use it, but I like the direction it's headed.

And my computer is in fact still working, even though it had Safari on it. Though, I must admit that I uninstalled it about a month after it stopped working. Perhaps that's what saved it from a fiery fate. :P

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

IE is more like... AIDS.

You mean curable?

AIDS is not curable. And I improved my analogy above.

Ah, but it is easy to avoid ;)

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D