Sign in to follow this  
DarkShock

Battle of the Browsers

Which Internet Browser Do YOU Like?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which Internet Browser Do YOU Like?

• Firefox
    • Internet Explorer
    • Safari
    • Opera

@ uH: That's odd... I downloaded it, and none of my plugins work! Now I'll hvae to sppel bi meslef...

Damn! No adBlock! No DownloadThemAll! Nooo... My life is over...

Um.... spellcheck is part of Firefox, not a plugin. It should be working fine in Firefox3....

adblock plus works fine, make sure you're using the latest version of that.

I don't know about downthemall, but Flashgot works fine too.

Firefox, with a whopping 77% of the total votage, is the clear winner here. Yar.

This being a forum devoted to an open source program, it is clear to me that people who know about open source software almost always prefer the open source software.

Firefox, with a whopping 77% of the total votage, is the clear winner here. Yar.

This being a forum devoted to an open source program, it is clear to me that people who know about open source software almost always prefer the open source software.

Yar. Open source, not bound by marketing-driven release dates, and programmed by people who genuinely love what they do and aren't just doing it for the money, and supported by a community of people who gravitate toward it, has always proven to be a better experience in my memory than any commercial program.

Here are some stats about browsers:

place taken: Opera4 mb, Mozilla 12mb, IE 80 mb...

speed: IE 100%, Opera 120%, Mozilla 140%

As for me, i prefer Opera... but here is some problem, i can't find google toolbar for it...

Another interesting info that in my country Ukraine more that 50% of people use Opera :)

http://positon.com.ua/

AdBlockPlus, no doubt. And I like Tab Mix Plus, too. If you're an HTML coder, I'd suggest the Web Developer Toolbar. FoxyTunes is good, too. :-)

Does anyone here use a Mac? :P

What a waste of money. Few program are available for it, and it is so darn expensive...

Don't let CMD get involved in this discussion... *shudder*

It'll get bloody!

Macs :roll: ? Buffah!No good, cheap ol', design over performance, proprietrary pieces of junk :twisted: ! Those guys at Mac don't even know how to make good programs for Windows (look at Safari for Win.), while even evil Microsoft can make decent Microsoft Office programs for it...

There are some nice things about Max.* But I wouldn't use one unless it was given to me free. I'd never dream of wasting my money on it.

*Yes, that was a typo, but since it is phonetically correct, I didn't bother to fix it.

I'm no lover of Microsoft by any stretch of the imagination, but I hate Apple with a passion. Everything they do is hailed by weak-minded fools the world over as new, innovative, and groundbreaking, when in fact it is none of those things.

Mac computers are far sleeker than their PC counterparts - I'll give them that. The reason is because the hardware is proprietary, so it can be made into whatever shape they need for the specific model. Since Apple has an iron-clad grip on the manufacture of the hardware, they can afford to make their cases minuscule. The real questions is: Can you afford the replacement you'll need when your hardware inevitably breaks?

The iPod is a quality MP3 player, but it wasn't the first, and it's not the last. It's the "popular choice" because Apple's marketers are geniuses, and have designed a marketing scheme to convince many impressionable people that they need an "iPod" so they can be cool like the other peoples.

The iPhone is a sexy beast, but it's a classic example of form before function. I don't have an iPhone (nor will I ever), and I've never laid fingers upon one, so I can't make assertive comments. However, the master of Internet hate himself (yes, Maddox) has put together a comparison (intermingled with humor, but truthful) of the iPhone and another smart phone that was around months before Apple decided to add their own ruse of "cool" to the cell phone market.

Again, for vulgarity reasons, I'm not linking to the article directly. If you're interested in reading it (and aren't averse to unchecked swearing and such), you're free to look it up for yourself. Chances are you're already familiar with Maddox, but in case you're not, Googling his name would be most helpful in this instance ( :wink: ). It's "The Best Page In The Universe", and the article is on the home page, second from the top (and the only article with the word "iPhone" in the title).

Apple has their niche - for the non-techie home user, it wouldn't be a bad idea to give an Apple computer a try, as there are very few viruses for Macs. Basically, in very direct and non-sugar-coated words, if you're not computer savvy, you think opening emails with attachments is a good idea, and you like to click on "You're the 1,000,000th visitor to this site" pop-ups to see what you've won, an Apple wouldn't be a bad idea. If you don't count yourself passably computer-literate, Apples love to hold your hand to guide you through tasks (under the mantra of "It just works"). However, if you do know how to use a computer, you have anti-virus software installed (and up-to-date), and don't have foolish browsing practices, PCs are more customizable, more efficient, and are my recommendation for you.

Anyway, as to browsers, which is what this thread is really about:

Firefox for the win! Also, any Opera users, you have my utmost respect. IE users... Well, I sure hope you're using 7, because at least that one doesn't suck quite as much as the previous versions.

I love that article that you typed out, it is compleately true, i hate apple, but there marketing and style are amazing, but otherwise i dislike them