Sign in to follow this  
DarkShock

Battle of the Browsers

Which Internet Browser Do YOU Like?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which Internet Browser Do YOU Like?

• Firefox
    • Internet Explorer
    • Safari
    • Opera

...It does not work with Opera, and Opera is one of the most Standards Compliant Browser around!

Or at the very least one of the big 3 free browsers (Safari doesn't count- bloatware). That's negligent of them.

What really angers me is when web developers forget to make their code compliant with Opera or Firefox. For instance, Myspace just released page themes that only work with IE (Ok, I did not try it with FF). It does not work with Opera, and Opera is one of the most Standards Compliant Browser around!

I dunno about FF2, but they work fine in FF3 Nightlies.

I've always seen that it is IE at the centre of abhorrence because it is that browser which is forcing web developers to use ill-designed workarounds for its shortcomings. Other browsers, the ones which keeps the Internet smiling, are the ones which are adorned by developers.

Yeh, but I mean FF and O mean that web-developers have to design for more than one browser.

Yeh, but I mean FF and O mean that web-developers have to design for more than one browser.
Yes, I know what you mean, but I still have never seen a web-developer cringe at FF or O because it doubles their workload. Like I said, I have only ever seen developers direct their loathing towards IE because it is that browser which is the cause of the extra work; if it was just FF and O on the scene, there would be little extra work as both are standards compliant, therefore write it once, work for both.

IE is the different one, and the reason why IE is disliked so much. I would not say it is the other way around. Once again though, this is my impression and not that of the web-developing world.

Internet Explorer: It's a browser anyone has used for perhaps years... It's RAM usage is low if you only have 1 tab opened (IE7) but when you have more than that it drasticly rises.

Firefox: A browser that everyone should use. It's a great browser, its faster than IE and more secure. Its RAM usage is high... which kinda sucks for people with older computers/laptops (like me)

Opera: This browser... its REALLY fast its RAM is lower than FF but higher than IE with 1 tab opened.

I suggest getting Opera over FF. Cause its more secure and it has a lot of features. And, there are addons you can make, and download. Although they dont have as much as FF. So if more people use Opera and develop then Opera will rule the browser world.

Yes, I know what you mean, but I still have never seen a web-developer cringe at FF or O because it doubles their workload. Like I said, I have only ever seen developers direct their loathing towards IE because it is that browser which is the cause of the extra work; if it was just FF and O on the scene, there would be little extra work as both are standards compliant, therefore write it once, work for both.

IE is the different one, and the reason why IE is disliked so much. I would not say it is the other way around. Once again though, this is my impression and not that of the web-developing world.

I mean because at the end of the browser wars and before firefox web developers only really had to worry about internet explorer.

This is going to be a never ending circle of 'yes but no', isn't it?

I do see where you're coming from, I'm sure it is easier just to concern yourself with one browser. But then, after the introduction of FF and O, I see developers complaining about IE, not the others, as it is IE that's the problem, not the extra work of coding for different browsers. I'm assuming developers don't mind having a multitude of browsers to think of considering most run on the same standards-compliance, therefore only one kind of code is needed (more or less (-ish)). Do you see where I'm coming from?

IE is the cause of dissatisfaction amongst developers, not the increased number of browsers available.

I love Firefox except for one thing:

When you download stuff (like PdN plugins) it won't let you save it to a certain file (PdN>Effects). I use IE when I find a new plugin. Other wise, I'm all for FF winning!

PS. I like it also because the initials are the same as Final Fantasy! I AM JUST CRAZY ABOUT FF AND FF lol.

When you download stuff (like PdN plugins) it won't let you save it to a certain file (PdN>Effects). I use IE when I find a new plugin. Other wise, I'm all for FF winning!

Yes you can. Right click and hit "Save link as." :-) But you shouldn't save the ZIP files to your \Effects folder anyway. Just the DLLs.

Yes you can. Right click and hit "Save link as." :-)

Thanks so much, I always downloaded the Zip and extracted the DLL into the Effects folder, instead of just downloading the DLL :D

Now I've learned something again : :mrgreen:

i use firefox the most, i like it the best, just got safari but, i don't really like what i've seen so far, so i don't use it.

don't like ie 7, and haven't used opera much, downloaded it once, but took it off again, so i guess i don't like it.

firefox rules this game.

I love, your missuse of commas, but I realize, that I dont care, so I dont mind, just though, I might let you know :D :wink:

Anyways, I think you should stick with Opera. More powerful*

*Refers to Opera vs. Firefox with no extensions

Anyways, I think you should stick with Opera. More powerful*

I think firefox is better - it includes all the mainstreamly useful features with many plugins for other things.

PS. I like it also because the initials are the same as Final Fantasy! I AM JUST CRAZY ABOUT FF AND FF lol.

You go, girl! :D:P

does ff suport activex?

No - but you can try IE tab to easily switch to using the IE rendering engine inside firefox when you need to.

Why do you need it? BBC IPlayer? No-one uses activex any more.

does ff suport activex?

No - but you can try IE tab to easily switch to using the IE rendering engine inside firefox when you need to.

Why do you need it? BBC IPlayer? No-one uses activex any more.

Sorry, I can't tell you . . . yet.

Thx for this vital piece of information.

You're probably thinking why does vista? want to know this and why would this be vital?! I bet for a second you did! Anyway, I'm not telling any of you anything yet . . . (Wither probably knows what I'm talking about but won't realise it - because I brainwashed him!) :wink:

Sorry, I can't tell you . . . yet.

So you are creating a site that uses activex and wither is doing the programming for you?

Nope. Look at my sig . . .

My previous post said I "brainwashed" wither. :wink:

You must be making something as you said you won't now but will post it in the future and I guessed it was a website. I know you don't know how to program so you cannot be making the activex yourself and since you mentioned wither I assumed he was making it for you.

You must be making something as you said you won't now but will post it in the future and I guessed it was a website. I know you don't know how to program so you cannot be making the activex yourself and since you mentioned wither I assumed he was making it for you.

You're so close mate but Wither isn't making anything. I just hinted to him what I was making but he probably didn't realise this.

You're on the right track! :D

*revisits PM inbox*

Ok, I'm completely stumped. If you call that vague reference to nothing (or something?) a hint, then you are officially the most cryptic hint giver of all time. :shock:

---

I like Opera... but I use Firefox. Both are great though. :Dattempt at remaining somewhat on-topic>

*revisits PM inbox*

Ok, I'm completely stumped. If you call that vague reference to nothing (or something?) a hint, then you are officially the most cryptic hint giver of all time. :shock:

---

I like Opera... but I use Firefox. Both are great though. :Dattempt at remaining somewhat on-topic>

Yes, Wither I did PM you and in that message, there was a slight hint on to everything related to my sig.

Remember when you gave me a PM on improving my sig? <-- That is another hint, Wither! :wink:

In other news, I clicked on Firefox and the as usual I had to do the update procedure so I'm now up to date with the current version Firefox which is . . .

Version : 2.0.0.12

Yes! I'm up to date! :mrgreen::D