Sign in to follow this  
DarkShock

Battle of the Browsers

Which Internet Browser Do YOU Like?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which Internet Browser Do YOU Like?

• Firefox
    • Internet Explorer
    • Safari
    • Opera

OK, I thought long and hard before making this post, and hesitantly I will admit that there is one thing that Firefox has that is better than Opera's.

Read here:

http://nontroppo.org/test/Op7/Opera-logo-critique.png

The image was NOT created by me.

Viz. : The Opera logo stinks.

Wow...how true it is. :-P It's like they just copied, recolored and foreshortened the original image, really. Awful work.

The curved refraction I could understand, if the light source were curved in some way. The dings and warps of the side walls look like someone just applied Photoshop's Bevel and Plastic Wrap layer effects to the matte logo (the one used in the header of their website).

The shiny shadow, however, is just shoddy logomanship.

Just to let you know, don't expect me to concede any more defeats in the near future :P

Just to let you know, I'm pretty sure you're the only person actively pitting Firefox and Opera against one another. Nearly every other Firefox user in here has willingly admitted that Opera is a pretty damn good browser too.

Just to let you know, I'm pretty sure you're the only person actively pitting Firefox and Opera against one another. Nearly every other Firefox user in here has willingly admitted that Opera is a pretty damn good browser too.

QFT. I just like FF better.

I just converted to Firefox! :D

And I'm a very hard person to convert. (The last time someone tried to convert me was to get me to eat potato chips. that failed...miserably :) ) Just..uh..don't try to convert my religion. I love God, so stay back! :wink: It's amazing the things this forum's done to me

Just to let you know, don't expect me to concede any more defeats in the near future :P

No, I could name several others, but I won't.

And I'm a very hard person to convert. (The last time someone tried to convert me was to get me to eat potato chips. that failed...miserably :) ) Just..uh..don't try to convert my religion. I love God, so stay back! :wink: It's amazing the things this forum's done to me

What did you switch from?

No, I could name several others, but I won't.

Added emphasis, since you seem to have misunderstood.

What did you switch from?

Internet Explorer 7. I like how tabs open up faster on Firefox. or maybe my IE is cluttered or something...

but I won't.

Not naming the people is making your argument weaker and weaker.

1st rule of debate: If you can't support your argument, don't make an argument..

:roll:

im planning on making an internet browser im half done actually

What are you writing it in? And are you writing your own rendering engine, or are you using something "out-of-the-box"?

im planning on making an internet browser im half done actually

Ok...that was...sort of...random...? Can you give us some details...?

It's probably just an edit of some browser which released it's source code.

Although I could be wrong....