Need Help with a Photo

I want to be able to edit a photo but I'm new to this and not sure what to call what it is I want to do.

I have a document with a watermark of a large photo. I have placed a smaller, full-color version of the same photo on top of it. I want to be able to blur the borders of the small photo so that they appear to blend in with the larger photo under it.

Anyone know the technical name for what I want to do and how I can do it with Paint.net software?

You could put the smaller image in a new layer. Then click the gradient :GradientTool:

Change it to transparency mode. :AllColorChannels: to :AlphaChannel:

Change it to radial blur. :RadialGradient:

Click in the middle of the smaller image and drag out to your liking.

If this isn't what you had in mind... I'm sure there is a way to achieve your desired effect.

I tried following the instructions for layering and blurs last night and I was lost. I obviously wasn't doing something right because I didn't see any difference in the photo.

I consider myself pretty savvy with being able to pick up technology quickly but I was baffled last night. I'm not sure what I did wrong.

it would help if you posted your pictures

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry, but i cant see the image

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

pretty simple, just make a white border (on a new layer) with the line tool or something like outline object mabey, then guassain blur till you get the right effect

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

Ok I am fairly new and I do need help! :lol:

I did a search and believe this maybe what I want to do, although a photographer friend called it masking.

here's sort of an example:

DIVASChristmasWish.jpg

How do you make this border just fade out like this around a portrait?

1. on a new layer make fill it white. :PaintBucketTool:

2. Click on gradient then radial. :GradientTool::RadialGradient:

3. Click transperent. :AlphaChannel:

4 From the center right click and pull to the edge or your likings

8)

edit: you might want to try diamond :DiamondGradient: instead of radial :RadialGradient:

If your up for it you can download the alpha mask import plug-in, create a mask file, import it and that will work

Panhead: thanks, I tried the Gaussian blur thing and got an ok look; but being new I am so lousy at line draw. I tried with elipse instead.

DSC_0090mmanrachele1.png

The Hamster or anyone really: Can you invert gradients? All I get is a white spot in the middle of the photo, haven't fooled with that much other than the explosion tut.

my way works better with longer rectangle photos, and not to much blur, just enough for the fade look

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

First, I'm not sure how this thread didn't get immediately closed because of its rather unspecific title. I guess they sneak past us mods sometimes.

Second, tsarnikolas2 please just open a new thread for a new question. Don't revive an old thread just because the title is convenient or something.

Read the rules before posting again please.

Thread Closed

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg