Advice on Creating an Album Cover

k.digennaro

Hey everyone,

My buddies and I put together a little band, and pretty soon we will be releasing our first album. The name of the band is Nascent Descent (meaning a new descent). I'm starting some art work the album. Its going to be called Standing Tall. I was thinking about maybe using something like a spiral stair case in a dark color black with dark Grey shading. I'm fairly new to paint.net, I no i can do this on MS paint, but the quality will not be as good and it wouldn't look at nice. I was wondering if any one maybe had some suggestions on how to go about creating a spiral stair case. Also if anyone has any creative ideas or suggestions on this album cover I'd love to hear them. If any one helps me with this I'd be happy to put there name on the album giving them credit.

Thanks!

japannese.jpg

Support Our Troops, End The War

If this is any help i drew this up on paint about a week ago. Not the greatest but gives some idea of the feel of the band, and the art work. I don't want it the same as this, but I dont know just thought I'd post it, if it helps, it helps. Thanks again!10658_f6b301761e7c119662d52b27749cf3b7

japannese.jpg

Yup. But I'd suggest, to avoid copyright issues, using Wikimedia Commons, MorgueFile, and other free image sites. Or just make sure you get permission. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

okay thanks david i was thats actually originally why i was going to draw it because i didnt want to mess with copy rights..lol

japannese.jpg

With regards to imaging and copyrights. You can actually go to a Stock Photo site and purchase a license for an image. With digital photography on a rampage, the market is now saturated with anyone with a digital camera trying to sell their photos.and you can get a licensed and legal copy of a photo for as little as $1. Bad for the photographers but good for you.

Big Stock Photo search results for Spiral Stairs you'll find more sites like this by searching "Stock Photos"

This is just a suggestion.

You could always just grab a camera and take the photo yourself too.

Of course there is always, Creative Commons

rendersig1.png

eric