REQ: Keyboard shortcut to Reset Window Locations (Solved)

I would like to see the introduction of a Keyboard Shortcut for the Reset Window Location function.

When zoomed in and working on a piece I often need to move the windows out of the way (sometimes completely off the screen) and have to go to the Window > Reset Window Location to put them back to their default positions.

I think it would be handy if I could do this by means of a Keyboard Shortcut(s) - something like:

CTRL+SHIFT+W - resets the positions of current active windows.

CTRL+ALT+W - resets positions and re-activates all windows (any that have been hidden by pressing F5-F8).

I know it's only a small thing, but we get so many posts on the forum asking "Where has my colour window gone", etc.. that I think this would be useful.

Does anyone else agree?

Solved - BoltBait has pointed out that the key combination ALT+W > R resets the window locations and also reactivates any previously deactivated windows

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

I agree.

I have the same problem when I do the zooming in and the windows get in the way sometimes.

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

You mean like the gimp? No thank you.

As for dockable toolbars, Rick has said that it won't happen.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

What about Scroll Lock? It's already a toggle key, anyway, and not really used for anything else...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

What about Scroll Lock? It's already a toggle key, anyway, and not really used for anything else...

Well, my KVM switch box uses ScrLk, ScrLk to switch machines.

Trying to use that within PdN would suck.

Besides, this function already had a keyboard shortcut: Alt-W R

Sure, BoltBait. Let's have Rick program Paint.NET just for you. :-)

Just kidding. I had no idea. What about Home/End?

Learn something new every day. Well, I can't think of anything else, really...It'd probably have to be a two-finger salute...