Tuturial snobbery will hurt Paint.net

I'm fairly new to paint.net and my original artistic capabilities are limited. But the thing that almost wants me to quit using this brilliant programme is the snobbery in the tuturial section. OK some people post poor tutorials does'nt mean you have to lamblast them, just dont post any reply at all and that 'Tut' will wither and die real fast, any child psychologist can tell you ignoring someone who's after attention has a profound impact, we all have to start somewhere and that includes writing 'Tuts'.

You know it goes both ways on this, need thicker skin for one. And you can always create your own pdn group elsewhere for 2, which is what I plan on for several key reasons . I dont suppose you know how tedious it is to wade through 100 tuts to find a technique that is truly useful.

On the same token some people do well with simpler ideas, and it seems to me that the peer group here is honest enough about noob tuts. Shouldnt take that so personally it helps you grow.

Get some thicker skin :idea:

People dont understand my art to the point it seems there is pathetic amounts of support considering how much more praise I give than get. :cry::roll: Gimme a break. If your peers criticise a tut you should listen, People only advise when they care consider yourself loved if you get criticism at all.

That said there will always be an insecure jealous person slamming you when you actually do well. Its not snobbery, newbie; its helpful advice. :D

I am the least praised good artist here, boo hoo :lol: I take that to mean I am getting really good and it puts people off.

retired from PDN forums. Later dewds

There will be some guide line posted for writing tuts soon.

[offtopc]

@verndewd:

It's not the correct thinking, if you make Art just wanting to get praised.

IMO, Art = Expressing one self, Sharing what one can do with others, aollowing others to enjoy one's work, inspire others...etc..

(Comments I received that made me the happiest and proud wasn't "Ash, OMG, Awesome!" <--Still happy, don't get me wrong.. :wink:

It was "your art (all of it )is just sooooo cool. ive just been trippin' on pdn 4 a month or so.

your amazing talent was the reason im so stuck on pdn.

first that caught my eye, your sabertooth .Take it easy ash,

missliss1226.") There are a few more like this, but you get the idea.

Praise is a good bonus, but it shouldn't be the only thing one seeks for. (seems this is something you often mention)

On the other hand, If you really want praise, I have only 1 advise.

Work even harder. (That's what I always do)

[/offtopic]

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

There will be some guide line posted for writing tuts soon.

[offtopc]

@verndewd:

It's not the correct thinking, if you make Art just wanting to get praised.

IMO, Art = Expressing one self, Sharing what one can do with others, aollowing others to enjoy one's work, inspire others...etc..

(Comments I received that made me the happiest and proud wasn't "Ash, OMG, Awesome!" <--Still happy, don't get me wrong.. :wink:

It was "your art (all of it )is just sooooo cool. ive just been trippin' on pdn 4 a month or so.

your amazing talent was the reason im so stuck on pdn.

first that caught my eye, your sabertooth .Take it easy ash,

missliss1226.") There are a few more like this, but you get the idea.

Praise is a good bonus, but it shouldn't be the only thing one seeks for. (seems this is something you often mention)

On the other hand, If you really want praise, I have only 1 advise.

Work even harder. (That's what I always do)

[/offtopic]

That wasnt my point, ash. My point was getting any reply is good. Most times I get nada which is fine by me. I am confident in my abilities and by comparison consider my art as very very good. Lack of praise obviously has no effect on me and the criticisms I have had are as few and as appeciated as praise.

A response is a response is my point. If you get any its a good thing. If you get none or a low amount its odd. None of this has any bearing on using PDN and enjoying your inner exploration.

Vlad is another example of an artist with ambitious vision who is , like me paving an uncommon path for PDN users.

Both of us go in abstract directions and are good and get less feedback, and I thk we both enjoy PDN and art more than enough to disregard lack of response as lack of understanding.

:D:mrgreen:

I'm fairly new to paint.net and my original artistic capabilities are limited. But the thing that almost wants me to quit using this brilliant programme is the snobbery in the tuturial section. OK some people post poor tutorials does'nt mean you have to lamblast them, just dont post any reply at all and that 'Tut' will wither and die real fast, any child psychologist can tell you ignoring someone who's after attention has a profound impact, we all have to start somewhere and that includes writing 'Tuts'.

You know it goes both ways on this, need thicker skin for one. And you can always create your own pdn group elsewhere for 2, which is what I plan on for several key reasons . I dont suppose you know how tedious it is to wade through 100 tuts to find a technique that is truly useful.

On the same token some people do well with simpler ideas, and it seems to me that the peer group here is honest enough about noob tuts. Shouldnt take that so personally it helps you grow.

People dont understand my art to the point it seems there is pathetic amounts of support considering how much more praise I give than get. :cry::roll: Gimme a break. If your peers criticise a tut you should listen, People only advise when they care consider yourself loved if you get criticism at all.

That said there will always be an insecure jealous person slamming you when you actually do well. Its not snobbery, newbie; its helpful advice. :D

I am the least praised good artist here, boo hoo :lol: I take that to mean I am getting really good and it puts people off.

All good points, save one I've never posted a tut, and never intend to post a tut, my artistic abillities are on a par with a house brick i.e none.

I know the tutorial is awash with poorly written pointless rehashed threads. What Graphic program forum is'nt. However I feel Paint.NET has that something special (that unknown factor X). So in it's own intrest to modreate the elitest attitude that may send the prospective user somewhere else.

It becomes a habit you know sniping at people. You don't even know your doing it after a while. Just because the original 'POOR TUT' poster was'nt thinking does not mean your intelligence should suffer total failure too.

At least there are rules about it now, so nobody should cry about it, if topic gets locked or users gets baned.

Most, if not all of the rules have been said by Rick, The admins and me. many times already by nobody listens.

Now eveyone should follow a bit better since it's written down as rules.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

At least now we have a place to send people who break them. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Sounds fair enough... I wish there was a place to send those who are excessively n00by/think that this is a forum for some excessively violent video game populated by excessively violent-wannabe 13-16 year olds... Now, that would be a good deterrent!

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

All good points, save one I've never posted a tut, and never intend to post a tut, my artistic abillities are on a par with a house brick i.e none.

I know the tutorial is awash with poorly written pointless rehashed threads. What Graphic program forum is'nt. However I feel Paint.NET has that something special (that unknown factor X). So in it's own intrest to modreate the elitest attitude that may send the prospective user somewhere else.

It becomes a habit you know sniping at people. You don't even know your doing it after a while. Just because the original 'POOR TUT' poster was'nt thinking does not mean your intelligence should suffer total failure too.

great reply, seriously.

From my experience, just the important ones. But Ash could better explain his reasoning.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.