Tuturial snobbery will hurt Paint.net

Humiliation is hardly the best remedy.

If a tutorial sucks, then don't even bother commenting on it. Or, if you must say it sucks then post once and then leave it alone. The best tutorials will always get the most attention and will just naturally (or organically) rise to or stay at the top. The lame tutorials will naturally sift to the bottom and spill off to page 2. The absolute most awesome tutorials will be sticky'd by a moderator or admin.

If you keep whining and crying on a tutorial that's bad all you're doing is bumping it and forcing it to stay at the top of the list.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

If a tutorial sucks, then don't even bother commenting on it. Or, if you must say it sucks then post once and then leave it alone.

Or just avoid the Tutorials section altogether :D

That's what I do.

I let Ash do all the modding in there. Otherwise I get a headache.

It's a shame the mods can't just delete a thread... That way, the problem would be solved! Assuming the mods don't randomly go on a deleting spree...

We can, but we don't (normaly)....deleting spree...hmmm... :P:lol:

Mods usually like to go on deleting spree's :) All mods like to go on deleting spree's :D I read that on wikipedia. :):D

Yeah, I know... I was just kidding. I've read rule 19:

19) Don't ask to be a moderator.

I was only joking... I was actually wondering how quick the response would be... 'Twas rather fast...

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

I have a good idea, meaning no-one has to go into tutorials unless someone reports it with an option saying "Bad tutorial" :)

Yeah, an ability to report a post because it's bad. Either that or have a reputation system where you can +rep for good tuts/posts, and -rep for bad tutorials/posts.

Rep is a good idea. I like. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

That would be a great feature, rep rating :D

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

Mind you, it could lead to "rep spamming", whereby someone's reputation is dropped by a significantly large amount of points by some angry dude, wanting revenge for that tutorial involving Zoom blur and polar inversion...

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

that is true, mabey if you give a bad rep, you must also post a reaonable reason on why you gave a bad rep. and if your reason is not sufficient, the mods should be able to delete the rep

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

Or, to save the mods time and expense, bearing in mind they have jobs and lives(?), there could just be a limit on the amount of "rep" you can give/take away from one user per day/week.

~John Lennon

true that would be a great idea

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

I'm on board with that. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.