despeckle or camera noise removal plugins?

I did a search for a despeckle plugin on the paint.net search, and there was no definite answer on how to do it. I didn't go futher on that thread because it was a year old, so I shall bring it up again. It would be a cool plugin, and I don't want to use another free program such as GIMP because its interface is horrible :evil: , and Paint.net is awesome! :D If there is no plugin in the works, could someone guide me in using the tools necessary to bring about a similar effect to an image. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

There's the GREYCstoration Wrapper, which I've found to be phenomenal. Also try the Median Blur or Ed Harvey's Effects Package, which includes Surface Blur.

All of these are available in the Plugins section, and they all work quite well.:-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Ah! It's gone!

Bizarre.

I'll PM it to you if you want it.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Ah! It's gone!

Bizarre.

I'll PM it to you if you want it.

I tried both yours and Rick's suggestions. The easiest solution was surface blur. I found the Greycstoration wrapper after using the search feature on the forum. I think Bolt Bait had it on Wet Paint because the plugin forum disappeared, or something to that effect. I downloaded the Wrapper, and though it works well, my 256 ram comp goes sooo slooow to render it. I will just have to get a better camera, or learn to take better pictures! Thanks for your help.

-Nick

You're welcome! :-) Trust me, a lot of times the results GREYCstoration gives are worth the time. But I'm glad you got it worked out! :-D