Not Opening

Okay, due to my last post I edited it, and now here is my question

(And Rick Brewster, I know you are the "lead developer of PDN", but there is no reason you should be saying WTF.. it is one of your rules [9] to be exact-Be courteous to others, so calm down, I'm sorry for what I had done, geez)

Okay, I made the back of a game cover for XBOX and when i saved it, it seems to have saved just fine. Then, when I went to email it to my friends, the attatchment showed a PDN symbol that I had reconized from before. It means there is an error and that I can't open it. This is exactly what it said:

An Unspecified Error has Occured

So, I was wondering, has this happened to anyone else?

*This happened to me on Windows Vista

If so, please respond :)

-nintendowee93

You didn't read the rules. It's Rick's forum, he can do whatever he likes. :-)

As for your question: I just have to make sure you realize that the .PDN filetype is only viewable using Paint.NET. After that...Well, it becomes a job for someone more knowledgeable than I. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

(And Rick Brewster, I know you are the "lead developer of PDN", but there is no reason you should be saying WTF.. it is one of your rules [9] to be exact-Be courteous to others, so calm down, I'm sorry for what I had done, geez)

Well yes, but I'm not really bound by the rules. No need to be sassy about it. If you have a problem with me, you can take it up in PM instead of broadcasting it publicly.

As for your file, it is probably corrupt. Since there is no thumbnail that leads me to believe that even the file's header did not get saved correctly.

Or, maybe you inadvertently saved it as a .PNG but with a .PDN file extension? (or vice versa)

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Or, maybe you inadvertently saved it as a .PNG but with a .PDN file extension? (or vice versa)

Most popular image formats start with special bytes, which appears clearly when opened with a text editor such as Notepad.

IIRC, .png start with %PNG, .jpg with JFIF, and so on...

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio