Question on 'Cropping' from a newbie

I clicked on the rectangle button, then highlighted what I wanted to keep. I tried clicking the rectangle button again--- that didn't work. So I went back, clicked on the rectangle button, highlighted what I wanted to keep, then clicked on 'Enter'. That didn't work either. What did I do wrong?

As far as the v3.20, I guess I used it because I didn't know any better!

RaceNews, you should follow pyrochild's instructions to the letter...

Select what you want to keep, then go to Image -> :Crop: Crop to Selection

The operative phrase is underlined. To reiterate:

- make your selection;

- go to the menu 'Image' and click on the command 'Crop to Selection', it will have the icon pyrochild posted ( :Crop: ) and will be at the very top of the menu.

You only need to use the Rectangular Selection tool once and that is for the initial selection.

Does this help?

In other words, you have to select what you want to be cropped, first, using the :RectangleSelectTool: Selection Tool.

After that, click the :Crop: Crop to Selection button.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

it sucks being a newbie, doesn't it?

Not around here. This forum is full of friendly users who are more than willing to lend a hand.

(Of course, the exception to that is the Tutorial section. Newbies that post tutorials on how to use Polar Inversion get hammered. "Newbies should be following tutorials, not making them." Heh. :D )

it sucks being a newbie, doesn't it?

Not around here. This forum is full of friendly users who are more than willing to lend a hand.

(Of course, the exception to that is the Tutorial section. Newbies that post tutorials on how to use Polar Inversion get hammered. "Newbies should be following tutorials, not making them." Heh. :D )

QFT. People who are kind will be treated kindly.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.