Monthly Skinning Competition Discussion -- #6 is over.

#6 theme?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. #6 theme?

• Winamp
    • Desktop Widget (Yahoo clock)
    • Cursor Pack
    • Browser (Firefox, Opera, Safari)
    • Paint.NET forum
    • deviantART
    • Wikipedia
    • Car
    • deviantID (deviantART)

Sorry, m'lad. One cannot simply add a transparent 'frosted' element on top that will blur layers below it. One must copy the background and blur that. ;)

Voting shall commence. I can make the vote count public, but I do not think that it should be shown who has voted for who. Opinions?

Please make it a poll

omExTE6.png

It looks like CMD wins hands down!

A good MSC theme could be Myspace Layouts, but then again, there are so many (someone could just rip and post it as their own in 2 minutes).

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I needed my return to the MSC world to be spectacular, you know. :wink:

Since we're all being so open: Stephen got my vote. Innovation FTW. :)

CMD, How did u make the aero glass effect, was it a blurred alpha on one layer or did you copy the background then make it blurred?

As Helio said, it's a blurred duplicated layer. I used the same mask for the white window body and the blurred background so the blur only showed up where the window was.

For anyone interested in taking a look, I've uploaded the PDN to my site. It's 50 layers, and 8.42MB when decompressed. I put up both a ZIP (5.17MB) and a 7z (4.73MB).

Download:

[ ZIP ] | [ 7z ]

And I actually named the layers as I was making it for once! All the layers have semantic and descriptive names, so you should be able to look around without getting lost. :wink:

Of course, should anyone encounter difficulties with one of the archives, such as repeated corrupted downloads, PM me so I can re-upload a fresh copy. The 7z file is for those who have the 7-Zip archive utility installed. If you don't have 7-zip, download the ZIP or download 7-Zip beforehand. 7-Zip is awesome. :D

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

I voted for Stephan, CMD's entry was good, but based on other browser designs if you know what I mean, Stephans was totally new. :)

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

This one's pretty much over, but there are still 3hrs left to vote!

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Felicitations, Crazy Dan Man! You have won Monthly Skinning Competition número seis!

*general applause*

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."