About selection tools

Hi, I have a question, important to me. I want to change the all day task of image editing from photoshop to paint.net, but I can´t find a simple selection tool, that´s poligonal selection. If you know where to find this tool in actual version (I think there´s no present) or any advanced selection plugin for this excelent software, please let me know where is. Thank you.

Well, the quickest way I know how to do something of the like, and no doubt how others will respond with, is to use the Line / Curve tool:

- On a new layer draw how you want your shape to look;

- Use the Magic Wand to select on the line layer, but do the deed on the image layer - the layer you wish to carry out the action.

For a tutorial using this method try Cutting out images the easy way! Version 2.

It all depends on what you wish to use such a tool for. For example, if you wish to cut someone/thing out of a picture I would highly recommend Alpha Masking (plugin / tutorial) for a professional, clean cut. It is a slow process, but most definitely worth it.

Does this help?