Request: Larger Tolerance Bar

Is there any chance that the tolerance bar could be slightly expanded (5-10 px) in future releases? For example:

At the moment:

bar1qg8.png

After change:

bar2zs4.png

Maybe it sounds stupid, but I often mess around with it (when I use the magic wand) and it would be only a small change but it would really boost usability and making work faster and easier.

though i cant personally make this happem, im afraid i have to agree with you. it actually really would be a helpfull improvement.

prototypelambdasig2.png

the lambda symbol is the scientific symbol of all things decaying over a rapid period of time. Or in a different subject, the photographers term of an object moveing so fast it blurs the picture puposefully.

my deviant art/

my OLD sig tutorial

my myspace... it has more photos then DA

If other users want it, I have no problem with making it larger.

For me, though, I don't need it any larger.

Ever since we could change the defaults, I set my default to 31% and I hardly ever touch it.

The only time I change it is to switch it to 0%. I used to also use 100%, but now that we have the backspace key, I don't really need that anymore.

Now, for complicated selections, I usually use the "cutting out images the easy way" tutorial. You don't really use the magic wand for that. So, I'm fine with the way it is.

I think plus and minus (+/-) buttons would be nice. Or maybe, a single click in the blue could decrease the value by one and, conversely, a single click in the gray could increase the value by one. Click/hold/drag could still be used for multi-step jumps...

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

It wouldn't necessarily interfere with the MDI, and it may also boost usability for laptop touchpad users where accuracy is lacking, therefore inaccuracy with certain tolerance levels, like where smaller incremental moves are needed but can't be achieved.

I personally wouldn't mind +/- toggles like Brush Width, but a lengthier slider would be most welcomed indeed. Barkbark beat me to this suggestion ;).

I'm surprised nobody suggested making a text box to enter your number in yet. I'd find it much easier (and in most cases, faster) than up and down arrows.

But personally, I hardly touch it. It's either at 0% or 69%

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

I'm surprised nobody suggested making a text box to enter your number in yet. I'd find it much easier (and in most cases, faster) than up and down arrows.

But personally, I hardly touch it. It's either at 0% or 69%

I did :!:

I would use it a lot because I like to fine tune to what I'm working with.

sigpdnwp4.png

I think plus and minus (+/-) buttons would be nice.

Mewants.

In my opinion it doesn't really matter which solution is taken. Everything is OK as long as it allows me to get e.g. 31% when I want it and not 29 or 32%. I think buttons are better as a text box, as they are faster. To go back to my idea I believe nobody would get problems when the bar would just be a few pixels larger.