Feature Request vector graphics support

I can't find it in the FAQ nor in the Popular Feature Requests thread...

Last news on this were: Not gonna happen, Paint.NET is meant to be a raster image editor.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Yeah - I think Rick has probably said no. The only reason a program like Adobe Photoshop can have vector support is that they also have the code from Adobe Illustrator; including both is moderately simple. Paint.NET has no such code, nor does it need it.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Well, maybe someone could make a plugin just to open vector graphics. Maybe with a window "How large do you want the picture?" as you can scale vector graphics losslessly.

Well.... you can do that, or you can just open a vector in Inkscape and export it as a PNG...

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Use the right tool for the job. Asking for vector support in Paint.NET is like asking hammer manufacturers to start including a screwdriver head on the end of the handle. Why would you need that, when there's a screwdriver lying right next to the hammer? 'Tis madness!

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!