text following a curve

johnb

hellfire, thanks for responding.. here is what i'm after.. i was hoping to do it other than one letter at a time.. i know nothing about creating plug-ins but, this may be a good one? i have curve text in one s/w program but in need of the blur tool..

10269_344533f66b444d88c8a3cde4759d3776

thanks ash. i finished reading through link 2186. i didn't know i could r/c and drag and rotate. i'll give it a try. this program works great with my wood-carving machine. a big thanks to all..

Don't yell.

You should play with the Tolerance until it selects what you want it to.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

And if you are putting the text on another image, use a new layer ( :AddNewLayer: ) to put the text in. That makes for a much cleaner way to move the text around if you feel like moving it.

• 1 year later...

I was wondering if there is a tool yet like the one posted in the third post of this thread? I tried using the Tube Effect tool and while it does curve the text, it also distorts it. I have moved and rotated the letters one at a time, but it would be nice to have something that would space things correctly while not distorting the letters.

I have looked at 3 threads about curved text and two plugins and neither works like the tool displayed in the third post. I know this is something a few people would love to have.