Set Paint.net as default?

How can I set Paint.net as my default photo editing tool? I have Jasc and Corel products installed that have run out and every time we try to open a photo that pops up and tries to get us to buy...

Thanks,

Leslie

Un install corel and jasc...

I believe u have an option to select defaults for pdn when u download it

omExTE6.png

The best method of directing file types to point at a desired program...

1. Open any folder you have readily accessible.

Click Tools--> Then Folder options

folder.png

2. in the next window, select the "file types" tab, find the file extension you are looking to have Paint.net open as a default. (jpg, gif, etc...) and click CHANGE.

options.png

3. The next window will be a list of recommended programs. If you don't see paint.net click the Browse button and locate it. It should be listed under your program files. Select the Paint.net program itself and then click ok. You will need to do this for each individual file type you are wanting to associate with Paint.net. But it will make your life a little easier and you Won't have to delete other programs as mentioned in the previous post.

open.png

Edit (in addition)...

If the Jasc and Corel Products came already installed on your computer when you got it, you should be able to simply register the products and they are yours. This is COMMON with a DELL if that is what you have.

rendersig1.png

eric

The best method of directing file types to point at a desired program...

1. Open any folder you have readily accessible.

Click Tools--> Then Folder options

folder.png

2. in the next window, select the "file types" tab, find the file extension you are looking to have Paint.net open as a default. (jpg, gif, etc...) and click CHANGE.

options.png

3. The next window will be a list of recommended programs. If you don't see paint.net click the Browse button and locate it. It should be listed under your program files. Select the Paint.net program itself and then click ok. You will need to do this for each individual file type you are wanting to associate with Paint.net. But it will make your life a little easier and you Won't have to delete other programs as mentioned in the previous post.

open.png

Edit (in addition)...

If the Jasc and Corel Products came already installed on your computer when you got it, you should be able to simply register the products and they are yours. This is COMMON with a DELL if that is what you have.

He might habe vista

omExTE6.png

@Jerkfight - as I understand it, the process is similar. Only the screen shots would change.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.