Yet another feature request (this time it's about masking)

I was looking over some of the many topics requesting magnetic lasso, and I decided to see how the magnetic lasso actually works. So, I searched it and found a tutorial on cutting things out for Photoshop. One tool that helped them cut the image out so easily was the Quick Mask feature. So it's basically a quick version of Alpha-Masking. This is something Rick should seriously think about putting into the 4.xx versions.

homeworksiggy.png

I was looking over some of the many topics requesting magnetic lasso, and I decided to see how the magnetic lasso actually works. So, I searched it and found a tutorial on cutting things out for Photoshop. One tool that helped them cut the image out so easily was the Quick Mask feature. So it's basically a quick version of Alpha-Masking. This is something Rick should seriously think about putting into the 4.xx versions.

I seriously believe you want a free Photoshop.

I mean, is this really going to help people much? I mean, I don't see the point in reducing the time for a cutting an image out from 3 minutes to 13 seconds.

This is something Rick should seriously think about putting into the 4.xx versions.

He is:

Paint.NET v4.00

...Over the lifetime of the 4.xx releases, these core design and architecture changes should enable such features as layer masks, adjustment layers, effect layers, composite layers, effect and adjustment chaining, soft selections, scripting and recorded actions, a completely new brush system, much more efficient memory usage, and better use of multiprocessor systems.

Layer masks include Alpha Masks. Anyway, there is already an Alpha Mask plugin and accompanying tutorial, why not just use that.

Does this help?