Print to .pdf - embedding fonts

rob722

I've worked up some cover art that I have to convert to .pdf. The publisher I am working with requires that I embed the fonts. (I am using Windows XP.) While in Paint.Net I go to print using the .pdf driver and I tell it to embed fonts. However, when I have the resulting .pdf and I check its properties, it shows no fonts embedded. I've converted the .pdn file to .jpg and printed to pdf and I get the same result.

Now, I acknowledge being a total newbie to this stuff. Is it possible that, since these are graphics files, there are no fonts to embed?? Some of the text I created using the text tool.

Anyway, I'm completely lost at this point - if any of you wise minds have any suggestions, please let me know!

Not possible, sorry. Once you've finished typing the text, it has become pure pixels; Paint.NET can't distinguish the difference between it and the rest of the image.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Not possible, sorry. Once you've finished typing the text, it has become pure pixels; Paint.NET can't distinguish the difference between it and the rest of the image.

Okay - so there are no fonts to embed, just as I thought; that's why no embedded fonts show up on the Adobe properties for the .pdf file. Am I on track?

Thanks!

You've got it! To embed a font, you need an adobe program, I believe. But maybe not.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

You could try Inkscape or another vector editor, I've never tried it but with the PDF format being able to handle vector based graphics it does seem a sensible conclusion.

You could save your work as a PNG, import it into Inkscape (or other) and continue with the text thereon, export and rejoice.