How do you Crop a photo?

I don't want to resize I don't want any aspect ratio I'm not gonna sit here and try to figure out mathematically what size I want me picure to be!! What? I need to take aspect ratio classes? I have not time for this!...I just want to cut off a part of a photo of my choosing WITHOUT changing ANYTHING ELSE!-That's it! I can't understand why it's so hard to find this cropping method on Paint Net..I'm racking my brains trying to find it! Why can't they put it in the edit section? Why is it that the crop selection is inactive?!

While the CANVAS SIZE feature might appeal to many, it would be great if there was another one called MANUAL CROPPING and all you had to do is move each any (or all) 4 sides of the photo to the point where you want it and hit CROP and BAM! it's done! Now I can go one with my life and have kids!

I don't want to resize I don't want any aspect ratio I'm not gonna sit here and try to figure out mathematically what size I want me picure to be!! What? I need to take aspect ratio classes?? I have not time for this!!...I just want to cut off a part of a photo of my choosing WITHOUT changing ANYTHING ELSE!!-That's it!! I can't understand why it's so hard to find this cropping method on Paint Net..I'm racking my brains trying to find it!! Why can't they put it in the edit section?? Why is it that the crop selection is inactive?!

While the CANVAS SIZE feature might appeal to many, it would be great if there was another one called MANUAL CROPPING and all you had to do is move each any (or all) 4 sides of the photo to the point where you want it and hit CROP and BAM!! it's done!! Now I can go one with my life and have kids!!

Well, first off clean up your launguage and attitude. And also, if PDN dosen't satisfy you for when your cropping, use Picture Manager, something which all Windows PS's should have.

That's what I do.

And edit is used on ALL programs for correcting mistakes, bot just PDN.

Now, I'll get on with my life and do my homework.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, being new to the forum - but I suggest you edit the title and revise the text of your original post, or it'll very quickly be locked by a moderator. Members of this forum will be more than happy to help you out if you ask nicely.

Vobie is correct, you must first select the area you want to crop to with the rectangle select tool, then the crop feature will be available in the edit menu.

You might also take a look at this tutorial - Cropping Photographs - The Rule of Thirds - as well as showing you how to crop photo's to a specific size it also explains a theory regarding where to crop to make the resulting image more aesthetically pleasing.

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

GnosisMan, you need a long weekend.

Now I can go one with my life and have kids!!

What a scary imagination! :?

And "bloody potato" is the correct expression for your post, yes.

To learn the greatest secrets of Paint.Net, just go here:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3446

I think it is just horror what Rick gets in exchange for this great freeware. Bah!

QFT. You made me chuckle with the "scary" comment.

If people were just nice, none of this would happen!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.