can someone make a nice lazer tutorial?

chrisieboi

as in, the shoop da woop lazers? like this one

1copyya8.jpg

i know this one is done in photoshop, but could someone make a paint.NET tutorial for it?

i already tried searching for lazer, but nothing came up X_X

I can't see the image because my workplace blocks image hosting services, but it's spelled laser... Go to http://searchpaint.net and look for "Laser". Does that help?

EDIT: Actually, it appears there isn't any tutorial with that title, either. Try "Lightsaber."

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

woops :oops:

didn't notice the spelling errors in my thread :P guess im too used to using the z in LAZOR!

and i already saw the light saber one, but it just doesnt have the huge laser effect i want ^^

I'm sorry...maybe someone who can see the image can help you... :-) My apologies!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

woops :oops:

didn't notice the spelling errors in my thread :P guess im too used to using the z in LAZOR!

and i already saw the light saber one, but it just doesnt have the huge laser effect i want ^^

I'd just ask Maxim Dude for a PNG of the laser, and then clone stamp it or just use that lazer.

And if your wondering who Maxim Dude is, he's a member of the NM forums, along with chris here.

I'll work on that.

Edit: is this what you wanted

Hmmm, look nice. I do know he has the .PSD of the laser of the guy who done it, but I'll inform him about it.

well there is a tutorial on makeing a laser...umm the one where it has the evil kitty attacking the people with his laserbeam eyes...i couldnt find it when i searched so....yea but just look through the tuorials and u should find somtin

SIG-2.gif

HAHA...im an agent :D and ur not

well there is a tutorial on makeing a laser...umm the one where it has the evil kitty attacking the people with his laserbeam eyes...i couldnt find it when i searched so....yea but just look through the tuorials and u should find somtin

yes i know that one, but that doesnt give the big OMGROFLWTFLAZOR~! effect i want ^^

but the laser the guy above made is pretty awesome

yes i know that one, but that doesnt give the big OMGROFLWTFLAZOR~! effect i want ^^

but the laser the guy above made is pretty awesome

"Zoom blur deluxe/dents/twistz used"

That's what the guy done who made the one which you think is awesome.

i saw that >_>, but i still dont know where the heck i should start to make that laza ^^

Mabye with some diffrent blue shaded lines of varing sizes in a straight line?

.... ill just wait foor the guy to make a tutorial :lol:

I don't mean for this to sound rude nor for it to make the decision for you, but you could try experimenting with the effects listed by Andrew D first instead of waiting for someone to tell you how to create it. There are advantages to trying it yourself with no guidelines, for example, you will have complete control over how the laser will look - colour, width, etc. - without been swayed by how the instructor has arranged it in their tutorial, it will give you experience with Paint.NET whether your attempt follows through or not, and you'll feel more satisfied with the final product if it does work and it was completely your work.

Try it out first, then if you fall flat on your face refer to the help which, with luck, may come soon.

i sort of tried, i kinda used a lot of blurs and a jitter effect.

i still cant get it just right though

212hj15.png

especially the thing where the lazer starts, mind helping out a bit? :o

sorry about the wait

ok, mini tut:

You need twistz and zoom blur deluxe and dents

1.) linear, reflected gradient (this is the base of the laser.) has to be horizontal you can rotate it later.

2.)Use dents default size but stretch it.

3.)use zoom blur deluxe placing the axes at the start of the laser use high quality. A relatively high amount

If you don't want twists and just the outer glow go to the Outer Glow section.

Optional for twistz:

4.)For the twistz duplicate the layer name it 2 select where you would like the twist and invert selection (ctrl I) and delete the rest.

5.) Duplicate the layer, select the deleted area and invert the selection use a twistz of 12 amount and 5 quality.

6.) On layer "2", do the same only instead of 12 amount use -12 amount.

7.) Using blending modes switch it to lighten and merge the top two layers together.

8.) Use transparency gradient radial to help blend it and flatten. One more zoom blur deluxe with a lower amount should do it.

Outer Glow

use curves at the coordinates on the file.

4371_9b59001ee28c36ec5f810e86f5a5108a

chalksig2-1.png

hey thanks :D

but, the part about twistz didn't seem to work excactly right, mainly because.... it didn't twist O.o

i have no idea why it didn't but, the tutorial's still great :o

Well, I would like to know why you felt Qui-Gon was evil... :-)