NEW USER -- SUBJECT: paste pasting clipboard copying

Painter

I found an image on the internet which I wanted, then I right clicked on it, and then selected "copy" and then I go into Paint. net but there is no paste option?? What the [expletive]! lol

However, if I go into MS Paint, and I select paste, then "poof" there it is folks! Please don't tell me that Paint.net has it's own separate clipboard...

This is a great program for sure, but how could something so basic and simply like that be overlooked?

When do you people plan on selling this program? Good piece of work. A credit to your team. I don't know about you, but I can't stand people like myself who complain and yet haven't paid a cent? What is this world coming too? lol But seriously, what's the catch with the "free" program?

Lon

Paste should be working fine, I copy+pasted an image from IE just now. Maybe you've got something going on with your clipboard -- I know that Firefox sometimes doesn't quite "get" the clipboard (which is rather aggravating, argh!).

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I've never had trouble copying images from FireFox to the clipboard, but I have noticed that FireFox has the same quirk as The GIMP when copying to the clipboard: the Alpha channel is changed to black, so any transparency is nullified.

At first I thought the problem was with Paint.NET, but then I pasted from the clipboard back into The GIMP, and I noticed the same blackness. Maybe it has something to do with the GTK+ Library? They (FireFox, The GIMP) are both natively Linux programs, but I don't know if FireFox uses GTK+. I dunno, I'm no programmer. I'm just making myself sound stupid...

Anyway, I'd say it'd be a safer practice to save the images to your local hard drive, then File -> Open... (or Open in New Window...) to get at it.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype