Unable to Install [i've read the FAQ & .net thread]

acer

Hi, I've read the threads on the .net uninstall/install error and the FAQ and i don't believe this problem is solved in those threads, any help would be greatly appreciated as i really loved Paint.NET - it's a great tool and i used it quite often.

I have a problem trying to actually install Paint.NET, double click the exe, setup loads, get to the stage where it actually wants to install (both after quick and custom install methods) and when I try to install it, the installer just closes and the process terminates with no warning (checked the task manager to see if it remained) and nothing else happens. I’ve had the program installed before a while back but it wasn’t this version, I’m not exactly sure which version it was but I uninstalled it because every time I tried to start it I got an Application Error and it wouldn’t load, so I tried re-installing it and since then the installer never completes – any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cal

i don't believe this problem is solved in those threads

Seems like there's something wrong with your system.

Did you followed the procedures written in these posts?

Does it occur with another applications?

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

running Windows XP Pro SP2 [Vista transformation pack 7]

i've just repaired the .NET Framework 2.0+3.0 then tried the install again - as i'm writing this the installer is running but it seems to have stuck on "Optimizing Performance for your system" it's been doing it for about 5-7 minutes now... is this normal?

P4 2.0GHz (overclocked at 2.4GHz)

1GB DDR RAM

I've just double clicked the desktop shortcut and the installed finished as soon as i did and Paint.NET is working :D thanks for all the help.

Now - to use one of the best, FREE! image editing tools ^_^ thankies people!

Cal.

i've just repaired the .NET Framework 2.0+3.0 then tried the install again - as i'm writing this the installer is running but it seems to have stuck on "Optimizing Performance for your system" it's been doing it for about 5-7 minutes now... is this normal?

On a lower end system, especially with a brand new (or repaired, etc.) installation of .NET, 5-7 minutes is perfectly normal.

Subsequent updates should install much faster.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

On a lower end system, especially with a brand new (or repaired, etc.) installation of .NET, 5-7 minutes is perfectly normal.

Incidentally, what counts as a "lower end system" for the purposes of this software? It took the 3.20a installer about twenty-five minutes to finish optimizing, running on a 2000 GHz 64-bit Athlon with 1GB RAM. No other programs were running until the last five or ten minutes, when I loaded Firefox to check to see if this was a known bug in the alpha! (It has finished now and the program is running fine, I'm just curious as to whether this is anomalous.)

It took the 3.20a installer about twenty-five minutes to finish optimizing, running on a 2000 GHz 64-bit Athlon with 1GB RAM. No other programs were running until the last five or ten minutes, when I loaded Firefox to check to see if this was a known bug in the alpha! (It has finished now and the program is running fine, I'm just curious as to whether this is anomalous.)

Make sure you always reboot after installing/repairing anything to do with the .NET Framework. That should probably solve the ridiculous times.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Make sure you always reboot after installing/repairing anything to do with the .NET Framework. That should probably solve the ridiculous times.

Would you care to elaborate?

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio