Cropping and Clipart questions

I have just started using Paint. Is it possible to use it on clip art from e.g. Word or Google? Can they be cropped? I tried to crop a photo from our home file and was able to do it, but I couldn't crop a Google file. Also, on an old publishing program, I was able to crop not only in straight lines, but in ovals, diamonds, and also to cut around the figure, leaving the background out. Can I do that in this program?

When changing the color of an object in a photo (e.g. a hat) is there a tool that allows you to re-color it all at once, rather than using a paintbrush? Can it be colored while still seeing the details of the object?

You can tell I am a novice. If some of these questions can be answered in the online help lessions, just point me in the right direction. :)

When changing the color of an object in a photo (e.g. a hat) is there a tool that allows you to re-color it all at once, rather than using a paintbrush? Can it be colored while still seeing the details of the object?

I'm a novice too, and just learned how to change colors from the information in this post. http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5176&start=0

It took me some time to get the hang of it, but I'm doing pretty good with it now.