Monthly Skinning Competition Discussion -- #5 is over

Helio

MSC #5 Topic  

55 members have voted

1. 1. MSC #5 Topic

• Winamp
    • Desktop Widget (Yahoo clock)
    • OS screenshot pack (Boot, Login, Desktop, Folder)
    • Cursor Pack
    • Browser (Firefox, Opera, Safari)
    • Paint.NET forum
    • deviantART
    • Wikipedia
    • Car
    • deviantID (deviantART)

I think all of you have a slight idea of what my OS UI is going to be like...

a

b

c

d

e

;)

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Teaser:

1624_1737692e35810987c5512662e65256eb

100% PdN 'cept fer the BG!

I still have a lot of work to do (flesh out UI concept, add other components, fix the readability, fit'n'finish and the like).

What's the deadline again?

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

I like your teaser, but there's just one little problem... the bottom of the time is hard to see. Otherwise, looks very iPhone-esque :)

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

I totally get where your coming from on that.

I just didn't want it to look like a complete knock-off of the iPhone, and on that it is solid white. I may add a light 1px border to the time that looks like the bottom of the 'hide' button...D'ya think that would work?

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

1-pixel borders always make a digital image look good!

Also, to move away fro the Apple look, you should use a minimalistic yet still colorful wallpaper like this (shameless self-advertisement :P).

Ok, so it says that I wont get points if the things are stock images and not made by me, but if I make something in blender, it would be counted as a stock image although it was made by me. Would I get points or not? And what if its only partialy made in blender/stock image and the rest done in pdn? Would I get points for that?

I'm still alive!

If you use stock in making something, then you will get points. Sorry, you will not get points for exclusively blender-made icons. This is a Paint.NET competition. ;)

The main reason I added the 'Stock=No Points' rule was so that someone wouldn't just use icons from an icon pack and claim the points.

@Hellfire: Thank you so much for starting this competition out correctly!! *applauds*

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

So, do you have to post all the icons and that you used, or can you just have, say one screenshot showing it all off?

Just wondering. I might also skin some other things to make that it can have customizable themes and that.

Also, I thought for the next one, why not skin PDN itself?

So, do you have to post all the icons and that you used, or can you just have, say one screenshot showing it all off?

You may post just one image. Just specify if you made the icons or not.

Also, I thought for the next one, why not skin PDN itself?

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5012

That's why. ;)

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

I have one word: bum :(

Anyways, mine is coming along ok, although trying to get toolbar bars to indent is awkard to make it look right.....

I'm doing the icons for the desktop icons, and soon doing the icons for the taskbar bars.

And, then, well, doing the windows :|

Then after that I'll make a verison with a start bar.

Basically, I'm doing everything which will get me points :D

I'm working on this. This is my project of the month. I'm already done with the PDN icon, the folders, My Pictures, and My Music.

pdnlogo.pngMymusicicon.pngMypicturesicon.pngFoldericon.png

Now I notice that there's some (fixable) trouble with transparency one the folder icon and the disk in the My music icon. I'll work on that.

Thanks to CMD for moving this post :wink:

pdnlogo.png

The background seems a bit rough.

Add a gradient or something.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Helio, would a custom wallpaper be eligible for extra points?

Why not. ;)

Edit'd.

OIC. I thought Bob was saying that adding points for a custom wallpaper would be "a steel" [steal], and your reply meant absolutely nothing. Now I'm laughing too hard to read the text I'm typing!