Sign in to follow this  
Rubrica

The Sanctuary

I like to wear them when working with chemicals.

You know, like cleaning products.

I dread to think of what you might do with them...

:shock:

I don't work for The Company so I don't intend to murder anyone . . . (or a least not physically)

I'm happy becuase I'm learning Small Basic and I've got Google Sketchup 7

...I've got Google Sketchup 7
I would like to recommend Wings 3D as it behaves very much like SketchUp (almost like a predecessor?) and you don't have to buy the Pro version to gain the ability to export in the major 3D formats. Being able to export in Wings to formats such as 3D Max's 3DS is immensely useful if you want to take your rendering to another program, all helping towards cross-applicating.

What's more, it's a shallow learning curve, like SketchUp is, unlike Blender.

-----

I've been wanting an ushanka for a while now because I've been working outdoors more, braving the elements. Sometimes my regular beanie just doesn't cut it, so I've been needing something more heavy-duty. However, browsing the Internet, the cheapest I've been able to find is £18, progressively inflating thereafter. So today I journeyed to my local Yeomans camping store and picked up a much cheaper substitute, the Pilot Hat (looks a lot better with the flaps up).

It's very warm, comfortable and fits like a pencil in a sharpener. Beautiful.

Perhaps next year before starting university I'll purchase a genuine ushanka for the kicks. By next year, my current hat might be too tight anyway; when I say it 'fits like a pencil in a shapener', I mean it fits, as in with very little growing room.

In concert, or latest cd?

Everything. I've yet to go to one of their concerts, but someday. Someday.

"Parachutes" showed that they had potential.

"A Rush of Blood to the Head" confirmed it.

"X&Y" confirmed it, times five.

"Viva la Vida" is just amazing.

but my warm fuzzy for tonight is the fact that it's nice and quiet, and I'm drinkin a bud light, don't have to work till friday, husbands asleep, kids asleep, dogs already in her bed and I have tons of me time. I am temporarily happy. It feels good. I need to make a new sig. now would be a good time to do it huh?

My Laptop has arrived :D Only I don't know what the password & username combo are. Now I'm waiting to hear from the people that built it. Unless anyone knows what the default username / password combination is for Ubuntu 8.04 LTS desktop edition?

From my experience it asks the user to set a password while Ubuntu is being installed, so I presume it came with Ubuntu? In which case, you could try booting from a LiveCD, and, if all the features work, installing that copy.

I logged into GMail a few minutes ago. And...well, it's so pretty...

th_pretty.png

Yes, it's a theme I actually chose. But it's somehow specific to my city, so maybe it changes? Who knows! :-) But it's pretty!

I logged into GMail a few minutes ago. And...well, it's so pretty...

th_pretty.png

Yes, it's a theme I actually chose. But it's somehow specific to my city, so maybe it changes? Who knows! :-) But it's pretty!

Well David, I live in Boston, and got the same one. Definitely cool!

My Laptop has arrived :D Only I don't know what the password & username combo are. Now I'm waiting to hear from the people that built it. Unless anyone knows what the default username / password combination is for Ubuntu 8.04 LTS desktop edition?

Username is either administrator or root, and I highly doubt there is any form of password so leave that field blank. If this doesn't work, I can PM you information regarding the recovery of that information.

I just actually came to the realization that I will be graduating from college in only 3 weeks. :shock: This semester has flown by, and I'm set to graduate with honors. I'm the first person in my immediate family to even go to college. Yay. I can't wait (thought the job search probably won't be a lot of fun... LOL). :D

I've entered for competitions to win a 32GB USB Memory Stick, a PC with Intel's new Core i7 CPU and a DS! I doubt I'll ever win but then again, it would be an awesome end to they year if I did. :wink: