Hurrah! Image hosting is now available on Tag-Flow.net. That project is only growing ;)

To be honest, I fail to see the point. You are competing with Imageshack, Photobucket and TinyPic which most people will still use, and unless users gain anything additional from TagFlow image hosting, all you have achieved is drained your resources.

KaHuc.png

A bad idea regarding image hosting for Tagflow:

You could have a post count requirement before members can use image hosting so for example, you might need 35 posts before image hosting is enabled on your user account. This could stop members who register for the image hostign and don't bother contributing to the forum.

I am unsure as to what you mean?

You already have a gallery system, I am suggesting using that and prividing a code to use the image in forums.

Also, my suggestion is to, instead of having the member group automatic, based on post-counts, to have moderators manually promote users to this group when they have gained a reputation for adding value with intelligent posts. This should increase quality, rather than quantity. For example, if I become an active member of TagFlow, I doubt I will deserve membership privilages by 100 posts.

KaHuc.png
In that case, I don't see, what's so bad about image hosting on tag-flow.

I am basically saying that I see no point to it, and unless there are some advantages to your hosting service, I see no reason why people will suddenly move when they reach 100 posts.

And as for "why not", for a start you will have additional backup load, increasing the time taken to do this.

KaHuc.png

In the announcement thread for this feature, Simon, I stated that the 100 count is temporary only to be bumped up to 500 when the subscription packages have been integrated securely into the system. The idea down the road is to contain three classes of users, each with a price on them.

First you have registered users. They are unable to make albums in the gallery, post size is little, and they have no image hosting privelages. This group is free and automatic upon registration. Other features are to come that we belittle this group even more ( :P ) to provide more content for the next to groups.

Next you have the -Tƒ Official Member. This group has access to larger post sizes, can create their own albums, have access to image hosting, and recieves 100 points per month complimentary. This group is automatic at 500 posts or you can pay the subscription fee of $20 a year to gain access.

And lastly you have the 'still in construction' group known as the -Tƒ Premium Member. Not only do they get the features above, they get them in larger quantity. Larger upload sizes, multiple albums, 5000 points per month, and access to the VIP Lounge where private and premium resources are published by our graphics department. This group is automatic at 2500 posts or $15 every month. As well, we are looking into giving this group FTP access for image uploading as well as hosting for brush file sets, image source files, and access to some moderator privelages (such as locking his or her own topic).

This autoupgrading is not meant for abuse, and I have tools inline to prevent such happenings. For instance, the infamous Troll mod for phpBB3 also has an IPB counterpart ready for use and the warning and spam prevention tools in IPB should take care of some of the inflamation.

I hope this gives you an idea as to how things are being done and why.

signature.png

In the announcement thread for this feature, Simon, I stated that the 100 count is temporary only to be bumped up to 500 when the subscription packages have been integrated securely into the system. The idea down the road is to contain three classes of users, each with a price on them.

Wait so if you have this before it increases, will you have your image hosting priviliges taken away?

And someone please sign on to the tagflow chat.

My happiness.

My PDN dock icon has been downloaded 10 times.

View it here

Here are some suggestions for premium members:

• [*:hhccop0l]Higher signature image limit.
    [*:hhccop0l]Dynamic signature hosting.
    [*:hhccop0l]Theme options.
    [*:hhccop0l]Ability to have PayPal donation by other members.
    [*:hhccop0l]A new slot on main page shows a random gallery image from premium members.
    [*:hhccop0l]Ability to create topics in a classified ads section (which would allow users to find and discuss image editing software, stock sites, ect).
    [*:hhccop0l]Download TagFlow Windows Vista Gadget/Konfabulator Widget.

KaHuc.png
Here are some suggestions for premium members:

[*:30lujepk]Download TagFlow Windows Vista Gadget/Konfabulator Widget.

Eh? What purpose would that serve? Would it deliver the very latest images hosted on TagFlow to the widgetamabob?

On another webby note, I have finally began to code my own website: it should be up at some point in the future...

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon