The Sanctuary

Rubrica

@sabrownOh yeah, thanks...

I did a bit of research --()-()-- <- (glasses)

And you can download like, free, basic versions of them, then upgrade for about 1/10 of the price,

but usually if you have to register them, you can expect them not to be pirate, especially if you go to an automated center:

'for more information, please press 4'

Grungesig.png

@sabrownOh yeah, thanks...

I did a bit of research --()-()-- <- (glasses)

And you can download like, free, basic versions of them, then upgrade for about 1/10 of the price,

but usually if you have to register them, you can expect them not to be pirate, especially if you go to an automated center:

'for more information, please press 4'

Usually not basic ones - old ones, hence the term "full". Serif offer very old ones for free download on their website. The ones you get in magazines are often too new to be able to download for free.

KaHuc.png

Because he is fixated on the "fact" that they want you to subscribe.

They couldn't force you.

If you mean that they couldn't force me to not do it, then yes, they could. I am a very subjective, weak-minded person who can easily be bossed around.

If you mean that they couldn't force me to not do it, then yes, they could. I am a very subjective, weak-minded person who can easily be bossed around.

Not literally though. And you are probably talking about face-to-face.

What do you mean?

To subscribe you have to go through the trouble of filling in a forum - and you have time to think about it.

I don't know if this helps, but awhile back I bought a PC Utilities magazine, and it came with Serif Photo Plus 8. Serif's site was only providing 6 for free, and still charging for 8. Version 10 just came out. I called for my registration key, gave my gmail address and all was well and good. I later reinstalled my PC, then had to email them for a new registration code, and Serif did, and it worked. So if Serif allows this, then it must be legit. Maybe the PC magazine worked out a deal with them to allow some of their older programs to be used with the PC magazine's code. Avanquest has done the same thing with StarOffice 7, have the code on my gmail account. So there must be a way this is done.

To subscribe you have to go through the trouble of filling in a forum - and you have time to think about it.

I don't know if this helps, but awhile back I bought a PC Utilities magazine, and it came with Serif Photo Plus 8. Serif's site was only providing 6 for free, and still charging for 8. Version 10 just came out. I called for my registration key, gave my gmail address and all was well and good. I later reinstalled my PC, then had to email them for a new registration code, and Serif did, and it worked. So if Serif allows this, then it must be legit. Maybe the PC magazine worked out a deal with them to allow some of their older programs to be used with the PC magazine's code. Avanquest has done the same thing with StarOffice 7, have the code on my gmail account. So there must be a way this is done.

It sounds to me as though Serif simply made a mistake.

KaHuc.png

It sounds to me as though Serif simply made a mistake.

I would agree with you. However, if the activation key I spoke of didn't mention PC Utilities as part of it, and I only once spoke to Serif, then it could be a mistake. But I got my code several times, and they specifically told me how many computers I could put it on, and tried to sell me version 10. All their cool new features I can get for free on PDN or Photo Toolkit! :lol: I think they give away the old versions so people will be drawn into the newer ones. Also, PC utilities had a descriptive review of Serif. This magazine also did this with Magical Defrag, and a couple other shareware programs with older versions. And the magazine goes for $16.00, so unless the dvd or ink they use is pricey, the magazine is contributing something to these companies!

Although there are a few good features in PhotoPlus but not PDN - like adjustment layers. Although this goes much more the other way.

Yeah, I tried Serif and gave up. I couldn't find plugins like PDN, unless I'd want to pay for them. The forum stunk, and despise the way the layers are (GIMP or Photoshop like). That's why I'm a PDN fan! :wink:

Although there are a few good features in PhotoPlus but not PDN - like adjustment layers. Although this goes much more the other way.

Yeah, I tried Serif and gave up. I couldn't find plugins like PDN, unless I'd want to pay for them. The forum stunk, and despise the way the layers are (GIMP or Photoshop like). That's why I'm a PDN fan! :wink:

Mainly the features coming in v4.0 are the ones in PhotoPlus but not PDN. My favorite feature of PDN is the plugin system.

KaHuc.png

Center tag makes me happy. :-)

EDIT:

I am happy. It's easter!

I agree with you! :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

and we have center and spoiler tags?

I think we have always had center tags.

We have not. You think wrong. :-)

I think we have always had center tags.
Do you not find it peculiar that suddenly, over the space of a day there's a hype of centre-tag conversation? People centring their signatures, text in their posts, and sudden dislike for it by the likes of Cornipsus. And, as you spend most of your time in the , did you not read CMD's announcement of the introduction of it, only yesterday?

I am confused by your claim.