The Sanctuary

Rubrica

Good news:

The FCC just officially changed the meaning of "broadband", bumping up the minimum speed from 200kbps to 768kbps, and all speeds from that minimum up to 1.5mbps is considered "basic broadband". Higher standards = pressure to exceed them = moar bang for yo monay

Also good news in internetconnection-land over here: The optical fibre network spanning my neighbourhood will be completed in 2009, which means that we'll be able to enjoy 100mb/s. Beat that.

"Firefly" is already pretty darn awesome, and I'm only halfway through the first episode. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Is there a time difference for me celebrating it tommorow? Shouldn't it be like Friday? And McGuinness, did you celebrate St. Patrick's day with a boiled dinner? Mine was good, no corned beef though. I'm only a quarter Irish! And I enjoyed watching Firefly, but the way they go from English to some Asian dialect always threw me. :?

Reavers are some pretty darn awesome villains.

Pretty much hooked after only the first episode...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Is there a time difference for me celebrating it tommorow? Shouldn't it be like Friday?

Yes, 'tis Friday. When I posted earlier it was already 2:00am on Thursday in Ireland (but obviously still Wednesday in the US).

And McGuinness, did you celebrate St. Patrick's day with a boiled dinner? Mine was good, no corned beef though. I'm only a quarter Irish!

The only thing that was boiled in my St. Patrick's day dinner was the potatoes. Although I live in Ireland I'm not actually Irish; originally from Scotland. There is some Irish ancestry (hence the surname McGuinness) - great, great grandparents on both sides (I think that makes me about 1/8th Irish).

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

So do I, I can't wait!

Also, I THINK I'll go ahead with the merging of these two threads, as there's nothing to lose apart from it being locked, and that doesn't really matter.

What other thread? And I thought only mods could merge threads.

My idea. Remember?

So you are changing this thread into "The Sanctuary and Sanctuary and Rants merged thread"?

No, but actually, that might be a good idea. We change this to "The Sanctuary and The Rants Thread" or something like that, lock the rants thread, but not delete it so that people can refer back to the old rants, and start freshly in here. Then we'd just have one thread, and we wouldn't have to jump from thread to thread to reply to other people posts every three seconds; we'd just stay in the one thread.

So you are changing this thread into "The Sanctuary and Sanctuary and Rants merged thread"?

No, but actually, that might be a good idea. We change this to "The Sanctuary and The Rants Thread" or something like that, lock the rants thread, but not delete it so that people can refer back to the old rants, and start freshly in here. Then we'd just have one thread, and we wouldn't have to jump from thread to thread to reply to other people posts every three seconds; we'd just stay in the one thread.

That isn't what I meant. That would simply be the off-topic thread.

KaHuc.png

That isn't what I meant. That would simply be the off-topic thread.

I know it's not what you mean. I'm suggesting something new. And also, the off-topic thread is for, well, off-topicness, but this would have a topic and would therefore be different, if you get what I mean.

Please Don't. It makes much more sense to me the way it is.

Don't worry, I'm going to wait for more responses.

What is the point of merging the two?

See my other post.

By the way, just for the record, I'm completely against the ida. Remeber the user called Pooky? That's my cousin, and he's forcing me to put this. I really do let myself get manipulated and bossed around too much.

Yeah, I think I need to get my head examined. I agree with sabrown. Again.

I've agreed with sabrown100 three or four times in the past month- the most recent being about this new idea. It's quite bizarre and unexpected anytime I agree with him. And I don't know if I like it... ;-)