• 2 months later...

The NHS is much maligned by the press with horror stories and criticised by a World Leader as not working ... but it surely is a great thing.

Wednesday evening my daughter was on Student Placement and fell unwell. 

The Paramedics she was with took her to one of the busiest Trauma units in the North West of England querying Bacterial Sepsis ... where within 3 hours she was seen by a Consultant, had blood tests, an MRi scan, a Lumbar Puncture and on a ward receiving IV antibiotics and painkillers

5 days in hospital getting the best care possible ... and the Tories want to dismantle this great institution

Getting rid off the Monarchy would free up a lot of cash ... 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/26/2018 at 8:47 AM, LionsDragon said:

I hope she heals up quickly!

thanks @LionsDragon.   

She gets tired easily but is on the mend.  Apparently another 12 hours without treatment ... well, I don't want to think about it.

It hasn't stopped her going out with her course mates tonight to celebrate passing their first OSCE of the new year ... ?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

That does look pretty tasty and extremely well presented - but it's the texture of raw fish ... I can't do it.  Cooked prawns are too far for me

I had an experiment tonight with an  "authentic KFC" recipe.  T'was the blandest thing ever.  

Spent time marinating the chicken in buttermilk overnight - made up the spice mix

... next time I think I'd rather go to a KFC and lick a strangers fingers.  There'd be more taste

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Someone on GitHub has modified my DDS FileType Plus plugin so that is can be used by other .NET applications.

I found the project name and description amusing.

ddsfiletype-plus-hack

Dirty solution to add DDS BC7 write/read support to .NET using PAINT.NET plugin.

This project is pdn-ddsfiletype-plus plugin for Paint.NET and last open-sourced version of Paint.NET 3.36.7 stripped down to necessary elements.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, welshblue said:

It's taken me this long to realise custom titles have gone ... are the PDN Awards scrapped ?

Yup. I got tired of beating the drums to force people to vote.  And, then there are the whiners... ugh.

I'm done.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

Yup. I got tired of beating the drums to force people to vote.  And, then there are the whiners... ugh.

I'm done.

Yeh I can understand all aspects of your thinking above.  Flogging a dead horse to get votes, then getting beaten for it yourself

... I'd better start posting some funny jokes now I'm not going to get voted for the Unfunniest 

FWIW - thanks for the work you put in over the years

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I bought a new car yesterday. 😎

Well, kinda new--it was a previous daily rental with 5,577 miles on it. And, it came from the same dealership that I bought it at. It is "Toyota Certified" so it comes with the full factory warranty, same as if I'd purchased it new.

It is a 2019 Prius AWD-e LE.

The difference in price between this one and a brand new 2020 model was over $5000.  So, major score for me!  In fact, it was $2K cheaper than similar cars of the same model year at other dealerships.

(There are no major updates between the 2019 model and the 2020 model.)

The only disappointment is that the car is dark gray and I really wanted a blue one. But, I'll settle for dark gray color to save $5K!

(My current car is basically the same color, so it's not that big of a sacrifice on my part.)

image.png

• Like 2
18 hours ago, BoltBait said:

I'll settle for dark gray color

I actually like that colour.  I've heard good things about the new model compared to it's predecessor 

Happy and safe motoring.

Roll on the weekend when I can have a burnout in a car I bought on March 23rd and only used around town now and again. 204 miles on the clock in 5 months ...

I've gone from  20 years of being a Ford/ Vauxhall man to giving the South Koreans a chance with a Kia C'eed.  A 7 years warranty will possibly see me out ... but hassle free motoring for the wife

kia.png

• 5 weeks later...

On cars ... considering how much technology Tesla has in their cars ... surely the designers could have integrated a better rear indicator.

I was behind a car that rear shunted one today ... a bit of sun in your eyes and there's no way you can see an inch square little light.  I like to think I'm hazard aware and read the road but I didn't see it either.  Dangerous springs to mind