I managed to get G'MIC-Qt version 2.4.3 compiling with Visual Studio, and the Stylize filter rendering time dropped from 32 seconds to 2 seconds for the same image. 😲

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• 6 months later...

Wait for it.....wait for it....

wait-for-it.png

Someone on GitHub has modified my DDS FileType Plus plugin so that is can be used by other .NET applications.

I found the project name and description amusing.

ddsfiletype-plus-hack

Dirty solution to add DDS BC7 write/read support to .NET using PAINT.NET plugin.

This project is pdn-ddsfiletype-plus plugin for Paint.NET and last open-sourced version of Paint.NET 3.36.7 stripped down to necessary elements.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, welshblue said:

It's taken me this long to realise custom titles have gone ... are the PDN Awards scrapped ?

Yup. I got tired of beating the drums to force people to vote.  And, then there are the whiners... ugh.

I'm done.

• Like 1

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I bought a new car yesterday. 😎

Well, kinda new--it was a previous daily rental with 5,577 miles on it. And, it came from the same dealership that I bought it at. It is "Toyota Certified" so it comes with the full factory warranty, same as if I'd purchased it new.

It is a 2019 Prius AWD-e LE.

The difference in price between this one and a brand new 2020 model was over $5000.  So, major score for me!  In fact, it was $2K cheaper than similar cars of the same model year at other dealerships.

(There are no major updates between the 2019 model and the 2020 model.)

The only disappointment is that the car is dark gray and I really wanted a blue one. But, I'll settle for dark gray color to save $5K!

(My current car is basically the same color, so it's not that big of a sacrifice on my part.)

image.png

• Like 2

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

• 1 month later...

Congratulations @welshblue, this is really big!

The same search at my end (although it produces most of the other image results) does not contain your tutorial image. It must have something to do with regional or even personal (scary) variance. Having watched The Social Dilemma on Netflix the other day, I'm curious if others get your image in their results in a similar search.

Xkds4Lh.png

4 hours ago, Djisves said:

I'm curious if others get your image in their results in a similar search.

I get (2) images from welshblue's tut.  Congrats!  🎉

• Upvote 1