Sign in to follow this  
Rubrica

The Sanctuary

Last night I played Texas Hold'em for 3 hours at a United Way charity event. I was able to triple up. :)

We were playing for tickets for a drawing. I didn't win. But, I had a great time.

I'd never played against human players before. I found them to be more cautious (easier to bluff) than the computer opponents I usually face. It was fun. But not something I would like to get hooked on, if you know what I mean.

I just finished up Gen Con, which was as awesome this year as it ever is.  I got to demo the new edition of Dungeons and Dragons, as well as a new game called Chromancer.  It was a lot of fun.  And I'm super glad it's in my city!

Something wrong with ma head ... for a minute I read that as you going out with someone who'd had bad acne problems  :|

Dates, figs and olives - if they were the only foodstuff left I would starve to death.  Uck.

• Upvote 2

Something wrong with ma head ... for a minute I read that as you going out with someone who'd had bad acne problems  :|

:lol: Top one.

"Figs" and "awesome" should never be used in the same sentence (except this one).

I've picked fresh fruit from our own fig tree in Turkey, and those figs were so. darn. good.

I've since bought imported figs here in Finland but their taste is incredibly bland.

I love dates, figs and olives. The only fruit I don't like are grapefruit and peppers (bell, sweet, chili). And my stomach is a bit sensitive to onions, garlic and the like, they give me a massive heartburn and my heart rate skyrockets.

Welshy: I wish! Nope, some days I feel like I'll never meet anyone again. I think I might look a bit intimidating, I'm not the most approachable guy. Oh well, soon I'll get to meet a lot of new people, because I applied to a paid art school and I got in :) So I'm actually doing something worthwhile this year as well. So happy right now.

Also I just had bread with cloudberry jam for breakfast. Cloudberry is the Nordic queen of berries!

Edited by Kemaru

Dried figs are awesome Welshy.  You tried them?

I've got to agree with BoltBait on this one ... the taste and the texture a definite no-no for me (3 in your lunchbox ? I'd check someone from the pathology lab isn't playing tricks on you  :P )

My wife loves them.   But then again she likes WestLife and Bridget Jones films ... I sometimes wonder if the only thing she's got taste in is men (if she reads this it could be ex-wife or worse, widowed wife ...)

@ Kemaru - you're young, good - looking, intelligent  and got your whole life ahead of you.  You'll meet that man when you're least expecting it.  Amateur psychology here, but are you really unapproachable or building a shield around yourself ?  

At least you don't have to worry about onion or garlic breath.  

Good luck at the new place

Fresh or dried - yummmm!

Olives - kalamata rule.

Dates yummo too.

Kemaru, glad you are doing something to make you happy. The right person will come along when you least expect it. Ask yourself if you are the right person & work on that. Doing this art school is a step in the right direction.

No idea what cloudberry is but any berrry has to be yummy :D

The way you've done the self portraits is brilliant.  You've captured/ created a great sense of style and mood (... and I sort of see the resemblance ... Harry ...  :P )