Riesling is my favourite.

After I realised to leave the Merlot red wine whose bad taste I ranted about in room temperature, the taste was a lot better. I didn't realise the effect on taste was that big so I kept it in the fridge to keep it out of sight... sigh.

But my favourite thing to drink are fruit smoothies! I wish I could whip one up right now. With blueberries and banana. 100% healthy and 0% alcohol

Happiness: packed up my stuff to move back home after staying about a month with a friend. Almost finished!

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

I've thought about making liqueur with my mom. I think it'd be fun, my friend made cranberry liqueur once: I tried it and it was 10 times better than any store-bought drink I've ever tasted.

Thanks for the warning, Welshy :D I don't want to wake up after blacking out ever again, not very fun.

Funny thing; for the past two weeks I have barely been able to drink a glass without getting slightly fuzzy in the head (I've stopped there, mind you, except one night when I indulged on pizza and a small bottle of pear cider on the side), but today I drank about a bottle of sparkling wine with friends and it had a very negligible effect on me. Well, now that partying is out of the way I can finally focus on healthy living! I've been inspired to go jogging (and I did two days ago).

Happiness: My home, my bed, my room, my (big) kitchen. :)

Edited by Kemaru

I brewed beer for years.  Tasted awful.  I drank gallons of it :)

• Upvote 1

My Lucy cat (after having an operation last Fri.) is starting to feel better. She was able to get up in a window this morning and she's discovered her cat box. Yea.

Made dandelion wine way back when and was afraid to drink it, but my then hubby and my sister drank it. Hmm. :roll:

SloppySig.png

One of my students made parsnip wine. Took me nearly a year to bring myself even to taste it. It was liquid gold, same colour, viscosity of cooking oil, sweet as nectar. Never had wine as good again. 

I really don't like wine or most alcohol but green ginger wine is pretty good for when you're not feeling well or have a sore throat. 

Cocktails are entirely different - I love those. :D

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 2 weeks later...

Last night I played Texas Hold'em for 3 hours at a United Way charity event. I was able to triple up. :)

We were playing for tickets for a drawing. I didn't win. But, I had a great time.

I'd never played against human players before. I found them to be more cautious (easier to bluff) than the computer opponents I usually face. It was fun. But not something I would like to get hooked on, if you know what I mean.

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished up Gen Con, which was as awesome this year as it ever is.  I got to demo the new edition of Dungeons and Dragons, as well as a new game called Chromancer.  It was a lot of fun.  And I'm super glad it's in my city!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Dried figs are awesome Welshy.  You tried them?

Food of the Gods :lol:

Edit:  I have three in my lunchbox QED.

• Upvote 1

I've picked fresh fruit from our own fig tree in Turkey, and those figs were so. darn. good.

I've since bought imported figs here in Finland but their taste is incredibly bland.

I love dates, figs and olives. The only fruit I don't like are grapefruit and peppers (bell, sweet, chili). And my stomach is a bit sensitive to onions, garlic and the like, they give me a massive heartburn and my heart rate skyrockets.

Welshy: I wish! Nope, some days I feel like I'll never meet anyone again. I think I might look a bit intimidating, I'm not the most approachable guy. Oh well, soon I'll get to meet a lot of new people, because I applied to a paid art school and I got in :) So I'm actually doing something worthwhile this year as well. So happy right now.

Also I just had bread with cloudberry jam for breakfast. Cloudberry is the Nordic queen of berries!

Edited by Kemaru

Fresh or dried - yummmm!

Olives - kalamata rule.

Dates yummo too.

Kemaru, glad you are doing something to make you happy. The right person will come along when you least expect it. Ask yourself if you are the right person & work on that. Doing this art school is a step in the right direction.

No idea what cloudberry is but any berrry has to be yummy :D

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

*Ahem*

I'll just leave this here: http://cintiqcompanion.wacom.com/en/

1282786204310.jpg?1318992465

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 1 month later...