Sign in to follow this  
Rubrica

The Sanctuary

Moved out. :3 Living with a friend and his two cats right now, this is my third day and it's been great so far. Our timetables don't quite match so I'm alone most of the time (with the cats) but it's not that bad. On Sunday I'm going on a 3-week holiday trip to Turkey, 10 days in the Mediterranean sun and sea so that's awesome too.

AND, I bought oil paints! yay, new medium means fun experimenting time :)

Hope it all goes well for you in your new home mate.  Just remember to eat properly and leave the fizzy drinks alone ...

I've wracked my brain all day for WTH oil pants are ... I thought it was some sort of shiny fabric ... reading this again it's dawned on me  :dummy:

I'd take a pair of oil pants over hammer pants!

Thank you :) I've quit the pop and switched back to water, tea and soy milk, much better for you than diet soda. Food is under control as well: vegan green pesto from my own basil with pearl barley is on tomorrow's menu! Assuming I can finish the vegan quiche with bell pepper and homemade vegan pastrami first :) I just love food.

Edited by Kemaru

Don't feel too bad, Welsh. I read it as oil pants too. :lol:

I too have taken a step back from sodas recently. Haven't felt any effects yet, but it's only been a few days. We'll see how it goes.

2013 13" MacBook Air with dual-core i7 and 8Gb RAM arriving on July 24th to 26th ^_^ Best graduation gift I could hope for, although I rather liked the champagne glass set my aunt gave me.

Edited by Kemaru

2013 13" MacBook Air with dual-core i7 and 8Gb RAM arriving on July 24th to 26th ^_^ Best graduation gift I could hope for, although I rather liked the champagne glass set my aunt gave me.

It arrived today! <3

You'll have to fill one of those champagne glasses and have a toast to your new toy  :FrostedGlassEffect: ;)

Haha, those glasses will never have champagne in them I bet  :D

The first thing I installed was Steam, Chrome second, and tomorrow I'll be looking into dual-booting win7. Gotta utilise that core i7 and HD5000 and create awesome paint.NET art!

Edited by Kemaru

Overrated stuff champagne IMO.  Drank nicer petrol or diesel when I've had to siphon something 

My opinion:  champagne = yuck!

I'd much rather have a nice glass of dessert white wine.

I've never been a fan of red wine.  I don't much like Chardonnay either.  I have a real sweet tooth.  That's why I like Moscato, Rieslings, and my favorite Gewürztraminer.

I have unrefined tastes :)  I like reds dry and sharp for preference.  Some of them are very sweet almost like cordial.  These I don't enjoy much.

I once picked up a bottle of Italian red called something like Valpolichela.  It was awesome.  I've not come across it since :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valpolicella - easy to get in the uk?.
If I'm flush - http://www.bruichladdich.com/ - great Islay whisky - most are too 'peaty' - normally prefer highland.
If I'm skint I'd recommend cheap whisky and cheap port - 'piskey!'

Best tipple so far - Methadone - so relaxing - too sweet though.
Mind you the 'special Lassi' at 'Jonas' in Agra had me off my face too!

Riesling is my favourite.

After I realised to leave the Merlot red wine whose bad taste I ranted about in room temperature, the taste was a lot better. I didn't realise the effect on taste was that big so I kept it in the fridge to keep it out of sight... sigh.

But my favourite thing to drink are fruit smoothies! I wish I could whip one up right now. With blueberries and banana. 100% healthy and 0% alcohol

Happiness: packed up my stuff to move back home after staying about a month with a friend. Almost finished!

Any of you guys ever made your own wine ?

Myself and a neighbour made 5 gallons of red from a kit, a few years back.  Never again.  I still remember going into work @ 5 am - starting a chainsaw ... then the next thing I remember is waking up in a little cocoon I'd made for myself out of branches.

That would have been one for the Health & Safety manual

It's all the stuff of the devil ... 

I've thought about making liqueur with my mom. I think it'd be fun, my friend made cranberry liqueur once: I tried it and it was 10 times better than any store-bought drink I've ever tasted.

Thanks for the warning, Welshy :D I don't want to wake up after blacking out ever again, not very fun.

Funny thing; for the past two weeks I have barely been able to drink a glass without getting slightly fuzzy in the head (I've stopped there, mind you, except one night when I indulged on pizza and a small bottle of pear cider on the side), but today I drank about a bottle of sparkling wine with friends and it had a very negligible effect on me. Well, now that partying is out of the way I can finally focus on healthy living! I've been inspired to go jogging (and I did two days ago).

Happiness: My home, my bed, my room, my (big) kitchen. :)

Edited by Kemaru

I've never made my own wine. But, my friend often makes his own beer. It is, without a doubt, the best beer I've ever had.

My Lucy cat (after having an operation last Fri.) is starting to feel better. She was able to get up in a window this morning and she's discovered her cat box. Yea.

Made dandelion wine way back when and was afraid to drink it, but my then hubby and my sister drank it. Hmm. :roll:

Good to hear your cat's feeling better, doughty.

If you ever want to make wine again, I have a small dandelion farm in my back yard, you're welcome to them. ;)

• Upvote 1

One of my students made parsnip wine. Took me nearly a year to bring myself even to taste it. It was liquid gold, same colour, viscosity of cooking oil, sweet as nectar. Never had wine as good again. 

I really don't like wine or most alcohol but green ginger wine is pretty good for when you're not feeling well or have a sore throat. 

Cocktails are entirely different - I love those. :D