Sign in to follow this  
Rubrica

The Sanctuary

The wallpaper and the theme bring to mind OS X. :D nice

I think the wallpaper was taken from a Mac OS default wallpaper. Looks really nice, though.

Getting back on track on my workouts (I stopped while I was sick) is surprisingly difficult, but it's satisfying.  I really do need to get better about what I eat, but my ADD medication gives me a lack of an appetite, so I only eat what I crave.  I am going to try to start drinking only water (and carbonated water, because that's got my favorite part of soda and no calories!) slowly, over time, to keep up with myself.  I'm hoping to be in great shape by this summer.  Aiming far off, but hey - it's supposed to take around 10 weeks of hard work to see results - which I was beginning to notice earlier, but sort of faded away over the past 3 or 4 weeks - so I'm trying to make myself remember that it does take time.  

And wow, "Godspeed You! Black Emperor" is a great artist. 

I just recently started working out too. For me it's less about getting in shape and more about relieving stress, which had really been building up this semester. I feel so much better since I started.

And yeah, GY!BE is really excellent. My friends just don't understand... :roll:

I just recently started working out too. For me it's less about getting in shape and more about relieving stress, which had really been building up this semester. I feel so much better since I started.

And yeah, GY!BE is really excellent. My friends just don't understand... :roll:

If you have Spotify, I've got a playlist with a bunch of post rock on it.  Might have something new, might not.  

http://open.spotify.com/user/1223639615/playlist/1lYTdQSs7tyGXtk1xqnOtQ

Edit:

Also, listen to this:

Edited by AGJM

My grandfather has said that he will meet me half-way on a new computer (if I get 100, he'll give 100, I get 200, he'll give 200 - etc), giving me a maximum of $900 (so I can go above earning $900, but he will only give me $900 in turn).  Christmas came early this year.  Now, I just need a job...

I finally managed to make a satisfying image again.  Maybe not the best in the world, but I think it looks alright.  Getting back into PDN, after a two-month-long break.  

agjmbluewithgradientbarsandsteelplate_zp

Edited by AGJM

Today I just took my watercolours and papers and just sat down to paint. Our school is having a doors open day so people interested can come in and hear about our school, see art classes in action and participate in things like face-painting or buy art. I made some smaller pieces of art so I could sell them. I'm hoping I can get enough to buy acrylics :3

Today I just took my watercolours and papers and just sat down to paint. Our school is having a doors open day so people interested can come in and hear about our school, see art classes in action and participate in things like face-painting or buy art. I made some smaller pieces of art so I could sell them. I'm hoping I can get enough to buy acrylics :3

I used to do some painting, myself. 

Warning: Moderate sized images.

DSCN1855.jpg

DSCN1854.jpg

DSCN1862.jpg

Lovely work - I wish I could paint, or even sketch (well, I'm fine with sketching still life, I guess). All I can do, sadly, is bookbinding and calligraphy.

I wish I could bind books! I'm taking a course next term :)

here's what I was doing:

537445_591464860868593_1664151111_n.jpg

"I am everything you don't know you want"

422296_591464900868589_1310793069_n.jpg

"doves"
602945_591464864201926_91112299_n.jpg

"the boar laughs at the dragon"
252114_591464870868592_356440416_n.jpg

the penguin and night sky

and here are some of my previous scribbles I feel like showing

67072_572049976143415_1111307712_n.jpg
575219_564240163591063_165629387_n.jpg
182563_564240180257728_81385887_n.jpg

Edited by Kemaru

Nothing sad about those skills!

Totally agree.  You should be proud.  

@ AGJM ... that seascape is awesome.

@ Kemaru ... I love that pencil sketch of the hand and buildings.  Also awesome work on the painted face

Talented Guys

I do calligraphy too! And I've done a little bookbinding. What's sad is my handwriting.

Great paintings and drawings, guys.

Kemaru, your paintings would be great backgrounds for calligraphy.

Wohoooo, I am feeling well again and I'm motivated to improving my fitness! Too bad the weather is ill-fitted for running (-12 C)... I didn't mind it last year but I was in better shape back then

I picked up my new glasses on Friday. My first pair of bifocals. I like them.

When I explained my water heater troubles to my friend at work, he offered to come over to the house with all of his tools and hook up a new one for me. So, that's what we did on Friday night. The new water heater is working well! Since I own a tutoring company, I gave his family a package of tutoring hours for their kids.

I picked up my new glasses on Friday. My first pair of bifocals. I like them.

When I explained my water heater troubles to my friend at work, he offered to come over to the house with all of his tools and hook up a new one for me. So, that's what we did on Friday night. The new water heater is working well! Since I own a tutoring company, I gave his family a package of tutoring hours for their kids.

That makes me very happy to hear on all counts. :D

My writing seems to be progressing well.  The only problem is keeping all of my ideas where I won't lose/forget them.  

I want to try to draw one of the creatures in the story in Paint.net, but I'm too tired to do a good job now.  I'll do it later so that I don't abandon it.

Also, I just had a ton of fun at the school rave thing.  Quite a few people were there, and it was very loud.

Nothing better to calm the nerves than loud dubstep and bright lights or quiet acoustics and dark rooms...  One extreme or the other is better than the in-between.