I finally managed to make a satisfying image again.  Maybe not the best in the world, but I think it looks alright.  Getting back into PDN, after a two-month-long break.  

agjmbluewithgradientbarsandsteelplate_zp

Edited by AGJM

The hardest part of ending is starting again. 

Today I just took my watercolours and papers and just sat down to paint. Our school is having a doors open day so people interested can come in and hear about our school, see art classes in action and participate in things like face-painting or buy art. I made some smaller pieces of art so I could sell them. I'm hoping I can get enough to buy acrylics :3

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

Today I just took my watercolours and papers and just sat down to paint. Our school is having a doors open day so people interested can come in and hear about our school, see art classes in action and participate in things like face-painting or buy art. I made some smaller pieces of art so I could sell them. I'm hoping I can get enough to buy acrylics :3

I used to do some painting, myself. 

Warning: Moderate sized images.

DSCN1855.jpg

DSCN1854.jpg

DSCN1862.jpg

I wish I could bind books! I'm taking a course next term :)

here's what I was doing:

537445_591464860868593_1664151111_n.jpg

"I am everything you don't know you want"

422296_591464900868589_1310793069_n.jpg

"doves"
602945_591464864201926_91112299_n.jpg

"the boar laughs at the dragon"
252114_591464870868592_356440416_n.jpg

the penguin and night sky

and here are some of my previous scribbles I feel like showing

67072_572049976143415_1111307712_n.jpg
575219_564240163591063_165629387_n.jpg
182563_564240180257728_81385887_n.jpg

Edited by Kemaru

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

... All I can do, sadly, is bookbinding and calligraphy.

Nothing sad about those skills!

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up my new glasses on Friday. My first pair of bifocals. I like them.

When I explained my water heater troubles to my friend at work, he offered to come over to the house with all of his tools and hook up a new one for me. So, that's what we did on Friday night. The new water heater is working well! Since I own a tutoring company, I gave his family a package of tutoring hours for their kids.

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

I picked up my new glasses on Friday. My first pair of bifocals. I like them.

When I explained my water heater troubles to my friend at work, he offered to come over to the house with all of his tools and hook up a new one for me. So, that's what we did on Friday night. The new water heater is working well! Since I own a tutoring company, I gave his family a package of tutoring hours for their kids.

That makes me very happy to hear on all counts. :D

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 3 weeks later...

My writing seems to be progressing well.  The only problem is keeping all of my ideas where I won't lose/forget them.  

I want to try to draw one of the creatures in the story in Paint.net, but I'm too tired to do a good job now.  I'll do it later so that I don't abandon it.

Also, I just had a ton of fun at the school rave thing.  Quite a few people were there, and it was very loud.

Nothing better to calm the nerves than loud dubstep and bright lights or quiet acoustics and dark rooms...  One extreme or the other is better than the in-between.  

• 1 month later...

Had to euthanise my horse.  Feel miserable :(

Thanks RedBeard.  The trust you build with some animals is incredibly strong.  It's terrible when you lose them.

My daughter just joined the site.  She aspires to be an artist like her old man. 

I wanted to give a shout-out to all the moderators here--EER, Pyro, Rick (and anyone else I may have failed to mention)--for working so tirelessly to keep this forum clean and family friendly.  I know it can't be easy monitoring a site with this much traffic and what you do means a lot to a father such as myself.  Thank you.

Edited by RedBeard

You're welcome RedBeard!

You omitted @BoltBait, @david.atwell and the elusive @Crazy Man Dan who pops in from time to time.  Sadly we don't seem to have @Myrddin or @Ash around the forum anymore.  Full list of Admins & Mods >> http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=stats&do=leaders

Keeping the forum running smoothly and making it user friendly is definitely a team effort!  A team that I'm proud to be a part of :)

You're welcome RedBeard!

You omitted @BoltBait, @david.atwell and the elusive @Crazy Man Dan who pops in from time to time.  Sadly we don't seem to have @Myrddin or @Ash around the forum anymore.  Full list of Admins & Mods >> http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=stats&do=leaders

Keeping the forum running smoothly and making it user friendly is definitely a team effort!  A team that I'm proud to be a part of :)

My apologies to BoltBait, David.Atwell, Crazy Man Dan, Myrddin and Ash.  I certainly did not mean to omit you guys from my list of thanks.  

Edited by RedBeard
  • 4 weeks later...