Sign in to follow this  
Rubrica

The Sanctuary

happiness: GodGa's new music video is awesome. Weird, crazy, nasty at times, but awesome. I'd link it but it's borderline family-friendly... Google it yourself. :D

Got my first App published: "Congratulations Mike Ryan of m|Ryan Designs! MTG Synergy has successfully passed certification for Windows Phone Marketplace! You may now publish your application to the Marketplace."

Wow, so last summer I applied at about 15 places and didn't get a job. So on Monday I started my job search again, and got a response from the first person I called. Now, I'm an IT intern contracting at a university. :D Just got done with my first day of work.

Happy thought of the weekend:

I'm in Las Vegas.

Meeting lots of celebs.

Getting autographs and pictures.

...more when I'm back in town.

OK, here's the pictures...

Here we are at the con:

AtTheCon.png

Me, my daughter, and Data (Brent Spiner):

Data.png

Me, my daugher, and Q (John de Lancie):

Q.png

My daughter with a Spock look-a-like:

Spock.png

William Shatner was walking around the vendor's room talking to fans:

Shatner.png

Wow... So apparently nothing much good has happened in over a month?! I'll oblige to put an end to the silence.

So. It's been a good week. Been awarded a scholarship to Victoria University in Wellington worth $5000; I am very glad for the financial assistance, because I will be a poor student next year!

Finished filming my sister's film for Media Studies today. It's been great fun, we used a Nikon DSLR instead of camcorder which makes an amazing picture.

The Rugby World Cup is on in New Zealand, so it's a lot of fun to support the All Blacks, watching all the games with friends and family, and cheering for all the underdog teams I don't recognize a single player in. =)

Gave a seminar for English which went really well, the teacher was spouting hyperboles at me, and I recieved high praise from the smartest student in the school for it, which was a well-needed morale boost.

There's probably other things I could say, but to sum up: Life is good! :)

Nice to hear life is good :)

Great job on the sig and avi. Polished as per usual

I'm not much of a rugby fan but like to watch the internationals.

New Zealand have done themselves proud in their hosting

... Wales are sweating on Ryan Jones and James Hook. Dan Lydiate is out.

Gonna be another of those World Cups for us. Especially after that contentious decision against the Sprinboks :|

Wow. I'm saddened by the fact this thread has slipped to the third page. When I was more frequently visiting the forum, I used to love being encouraged by everyone posting that things were good! Come on guys, I'd love to see this thread more popular than the comparatively depressing "Confessions" thread :\

My happiness: I played on the most amazing grand piano today, and was invited to stay and play for as long I wanted. The sound was incredible and it was wonderful to just relax and bask in music, and not worry about anything else in the world!

Edited by Zwicky

I agree about being saddened by the decline of this thread, but then, I created it; I should be. :D Still, though, its weird that nothing good happened to anyone here since September... do we really all lead such depressing lives here?

Good to hear about the piano - I'm not a musical person by nature, but I can appreciate the wonders of a well-crafted (and, I'm sure, well-played) instrument. I always wanted to learn the piano, actually, but we could never afford it (still can't, sadly).

As for my happiness, which, coincidentally, only occurred today; after years of being surrounded by illiterate fools (and other fairly intelligent people who just mean well), I think I might finally have an intellectual rival, with whom I can compete academically and have interesting conversations. It is a pleasant feeling. :)

EDIT: Looking back on the first few pages of this thread, I am appalled by my grammar! Was I really as poorly-spoken as the people I now so dislike? Then again, I WAS only nine, but it's hardly an excuse...

Edited by Rubrica

It's been a long time, and I've sort of been swept up by life, but I definitely have happy news. Yesterday I found out I've been accepted to Rhode Island School of Design, one of the best design schools in the US. They gave me a pretty large sum of money as well. Frankly, I don't think I'd have come nearly this far if it weren't for Paint.NET and its community of awesome people and resources. Thanks, guys :P

• Upvote 1

Congratulations ... I still remember that awesome wine glass and typography sig ...

They accepted a VERY talented individual. Congrats, Crimson! You'll do well, I bet. I agree with Welsh. I think you gave us a real push into believing what PDN can do. :)

It's been a long time, and I've sort of been swept up by life, but I definitely have happy news. Yesterday I found out I've been accepted to Rhode Island School of Design, one of the best design schools in the US. They gave me a pretty large sum of money as well. Frankly, I don't think I'd have come nearly this far if it weren't for Paint.NET and its community of awesome people and resources. Thanks, guys :P

When you become rich and famous, use your wealth of resources to bring about the proper recognition due Paint.net AND Rick Brewster, it's wonderful creator.

Rick- when this happens, Don't let them make it into another expensive program!!! We beg you!

Edited by NinjaManDan21
  • Upvote 2