• 3 weeks later...

Wow, so last summer I applied at about 15 places and didn't get a job. So on Monday I started my job search again, and got a response from the first person I called. Now, I'm an IT intern contracting at a university. :D Just got done with my first day of work.

Ufm6Sc.png

Placeholder, new signature under construction.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OK, here's the pictures...

Here we are at the con:

AtTheCon.png

Me, my daughter, and Data (Brent Spiner):

Data.png

Me, my daugher, and Q (John de Lancie):

Q.png

My daughter with a Spock look-a-like:

Spock.png

William Shatner was walking around the vendor's room talking to fans:

Shatner.png

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

• 1 month later...

Wow... So apparently nothing much good has happened in over a month?! I'll oblige to put an end to the silence.

So. It's been a good week. Been awarded a scholarship to Victoria University in Wellington worth $5000; I am very glad for the financial assistance, because I will be a poor student next year!

Finished filming my sister's film for Media Studies today. It's been great fun, we used a Nikon DSLR instead of camcorder which makes an amazing picture.

The Rugby World Cup is on in New Zealand, so it's a lot of fun to support the All Blacks, watching all the games with friends and family, and cheering for all the underdog teams I don't recognize a single player in. =)

Gave a seminar for English which went really well, the teacher was spouting hyperboles at me, and I recieved high praise from the smartest student in the school for it, which was a well-needed morale boost.

There's probably other things I could say, but to sum up: Life is good! :)

retrofont.jpg

• 5 months later...

Wow. I'm saddened by the fact this thread has slipped to the third page. When I was more frequently visiting the forum, I used to love being encouraged by everyone posting that things were good! Come on guys, I'd love to see this thread more popular than the comparatively depressing "Confessions" thread :\

My happiness: I played on the most amazing grand piano today, and was invited to stay and play for as long I wanted. The sound was incredible and it was wonderful to just relax and bask in music, and not worry about anything else in the world!

Edited by Zwicky
retrofont.jpg

I agree about being saddened by the decline of this thread, but then, I created it; I should be. :D Still, though, its weird that nothing good happened to anyone here since September... do we really all lead such depressing lives here?

Good to hear about the piano - I'm not a musical person by nature, but I can appreciate the wonders of a well-crafted (and, I'm sure, well-played) instrument. I always wanted to learn the piano, actually, but we could never afford it (still can't, sadly).

As for my happiness, which, coincidentally, only occurred today; after years of being surrounded by illiterate fools (and other fairly intelligent people who just mean well), I think I might finally have an intellectual rival, with whom I can compete academically and have interesting conversations. It is a pleasant feeling. :)

EDIT: Looking back on the first few pages of this thread, I am appalled by my grammar! Was I really as poorly-spoken as the people I now so dislike? Then again, I WAS only nine, but it's hardly an excuse...

Edited by Rubrica
  • 3 weeks later...

It's been a long time, and I've sort of been swept up by life, but I definitely have happy news. Yesterday I found out I've been accepted to Rhode Island School of Design, one of the best design schools in the US. They gave me a pretty large sum of money as well. Frankly, I don't think I'd have come nearly this far if it weren't for Paint.NET and its community of awesome people and resources. Thanks, guys :P

• Upvote 1

Congratulations Crimson!

That's awesome news. Remember us when you're rich and famous won't you? ( that's when people call you "Dahling") :D

It's been a long time, and I've sort of been swept up by life, but I definitely have happy news. Yesterday I found out I've been accepted to Rhode Island School of Design, one of the best design schools in the US. They gave me a pretty large sum of money as well. Frankly, I don't think I'd have come nearly this far if it weren't for Paint.NET and its community of awesome people and resources. Thanks, guys :P

When you become rich and famous, use your wealth of resources to bring about the proper recognition due Paint.net AND Rick Brewster, it's wonderful creator.

Rick- when this happens, Don't let them make it into another expensive program!!! We beg you!

Edited by NinjaManDan21
  • Upvote 2

Sig Battle Wins: 5
DigitalTypographyNightvision.gif
My Gallery
| Smoke>Flames Tutorial

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

About ten minutes ago, I was very upset.

Now I'm happy.

On another note, I aced my Latin test, my Biology test, and one English quiz. I've got all A's, so far...

Poorly written sentence inbound!

I'll probably upset again after I have another go at the Latin homework that I didn't understand that I didn't ask for an explanation about because of the arrogant prick of a country girl that makes everything to do with school into a competition then cries when she loses that I didn't want to give a chance to get started because I was tired of dealing with her from history class. But seriously, no matter how bad she is, she'll catch one small thing you did wrong and insult you for it. She's a freaking idiot. I hate her. No, I'm not "competitive" with her - I'm competitive with someone else who is about as smart as I am, but we are friends. She, on the other hand, is an arrogant girl who thinks that being a country girl makes her the most morally stable, most well educated, most understanding person in the world. She mentioned that living in the country is better than living in the city when I said I wanted to move back to Florida (a few kids had asked if I like SC better than FL when I moved, and I answered honestly), then said "I bet you've never lived in the country, have you?"

I have. For six years. With three farms on all sides of my house - one to the right, one to the left, and one on the other side of the road - all of them huge, and all of them raising cattle. I didn't know anything besides it, then, though, and the only views of a city I had seen were those in my math book. While I lived there, I thought it was the greatest thing ever. After moving to Columbia (and then to Florida) I saw that I was wrong.

I think this may be better placed in the rant section now, but whatever...

Stuff is okay, I guess.

The hardest part of ending is starting again. 

As long as you get it off of your chest, it doesn't matter where you put it. :) Congratulations on your exam results, as well! I always really wanted to take Latin, but nowhere around here offers it, so I might try self-teaching (recipe for disaster, I know).

I've only got one exam result back so far (well, I only took one exam, for obvious reasons) but I'm fairly happy with my result.

Oh dear, the top post on this page of the Sanctuary is from over a year ago!

Happiness: Mom made great pie... too bad I couldn't eat a slice without feeling guilty.

Happiness: Teachers' meeting tomorrow afternoon, schoolday ends early!

Lucky - but on Friday, it's the 9th grade retreat. We get to skip school altogether, I believe...

Edit: Although we still go somewhere, but it's not school - it's a park.

Edited by AGJM

The hardest part of ending is starting again. 

Oh dear, the top post on this page of the Sanctuary is from over a year ago!

Just a note about the top post on the previous page...

I've been to THIS year's Star Trek convention since then. Anyone want to see pictures of that?

Click to play:
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

OK...

Official pictures with William Shatner:

BillShatner.jpg

My daughter is dressed up as T'Pol from Enterprise. Here she is with the bridge crew of Enterprise:

ConnorTrineer.jpg

I had an official pic with George and Walter:

GeorgeAndWalter.jpg

Jonathan Frakes:

JonathanFrakes.jpg

Marina Sirtis:

MarinaSirtis.jpg

Robert Picardo (Voyager's Doctor):

RobertPicardo.jpg

Robin Curtis (Spock's wife from the movies):

RobinCurtis.jpg

Me and my daughter in the vendor's room:

MyDaughter.jpg

Chase Masterson came and sat at our table after she gave a singing performance at the "Gold" party:

ChaseMasterson.jpg

My daughter made a friend (even though Vulcans are enemies of Andorians):

DaughterFriend.jpg

Click to play: