Sign in to follow this  
Rubrica

The Sanctuary

WOOO! New Humble Indie Bundle! Yet, despite the fact that it's available for as low as $1, my parents refuse to give me the means to buy it (or buy it for me). :(

After four months on and off, my site is finally done! It's basically a portfolio of things I've done so far. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Genulum - A Digital Portfolio

EDIT: it seems that I've forgotten how to use PHPBB board tags. :roll:

Edited by Crimson

@ Rubrica - that's parents for you. We're horrible, nasty things :D

And yuck @ elderflower anything. I always find the taste and smell a bit too 'perfumey'

@ Crimson - wow. Very impressive. I'd have to agree, you do make 'eye candy'

The Tranquil piece is beautiful

Edited by welshblue

To be fair, the pure elderflower syrup DOES taste identical to bubble mixture, but I always loved that when I was little too, so who cares? Also; a dollar? You'd seriously deny paying a dollar to keep your child quiet and entertained? That's _64 pence_ in my currency. That's _all_.

Edited by Rubrica

After four months on and off, my site is finally done! It's basically a portfolio of things I've done so far. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Genulum - A Digital Portfolio

Very nice. :)

It is pleasantly organized and visually striking, with a well designed color scheme and graphical style to give proper focus to the bits that need it.

I have but one criticism: the form "Submit" button on the bottom - specifically, the hover state. The rounded corners look odd juxtaposed against the squared corners of the other form elements (and indeed, the button's own default state), and it uses a gloss effect over a full-hue red (~ #700 to #800 fading), which is in direct contravention of the textured, pastel conventions set up by the rest of the page. Personally, I would add the border back in and go with a flat background color - something along the lines of #422.

Also, it's busted in IE7, but it's up to you whether or not that is of any consequence.

EDIT: it seems that I've forgotten how to use PHPBB board tags. :roll:

Yeah, that tends to happen to me as well if I've been away from the forum too long, writing HTML. ;)

Also; a dollar? You'd seriously deny paying a dollar to keep your child quiet and entertained? That's _64 pence_ in my currency. That's _all_.

64p in my currency too ... and no, I don't deny my kids anything they ask for.

It's the main reason I work as hard as I do - to give my kids all the things I never had

Happy thought:

I got my printer to work properly!

I have a HP LaserJet 5 with the duplex option and it was refusing to print on both sides of the paper. Turns out, the driver was bad. I had installed the PostScript driver instead of the PCL driver. For whatever reason, the PostScript driver was not allowing duplex printing.

I was able to print my 1000+ page document (Thanks pyrochild!) two pages per side, double sided for some major paper savings.

What document WAS this? Incidentally, I know your troubles; I use Office 2010 Pro Plus, and it appears that Word and Publisher have different ways of printing two sided, meaning I often get up-side down pages or mismatched brochures. :(

Continuing the office hardware-related bliss: I got my scanner/printer/copy machine to work. Well, the scanner's working at least. I think it's gotten allergic to paper. :(

What document WAS this? Incidentally, I know your troubles; I use Office 2010 Pro Plus, and it appears that Word and Publisher have different ways of printing two sided, meaning I often get up-side down pages or mismatched brochures. :(

Well, the document is a scrape (thanks to pyrochild) of the IMDb Top 250 Movies trivia pages. That is, for all 250 movies, pyro compiled a complete list of all the trivia. It was over 1000 pages long! Like I said, I was able to print 2 pages per side, double-sided. The final document was over 260 sheets of paper. I still need to punch holes in them and put them into a binder.

I did this for my dad. He loves movies but hates the internet--he refuses to get online. I plan to give it to him for Christmas (along with a few more choice items).

I just got my best report card ever.

English 9

Swedish 9

Adv. Math, polynomial functions 9

Psychology 10

Philosophy 10

Random School Subject* 10

Art History 9

*For those who are not members of the church (religion is taught in our schools), all schools in Finland offer an subject, the purpose of which is to nourish and guide us trough our ethical and moral growth while supporting reasoning and teaching to think independently.

What really made my week, though, was that our philosophy teacher said: "It's not common for a first year, first course student to get a 10" :D :D

Edited by Kemaru

Agreed. Wonderful report card =D<br><br>I also had a very good one...my best since I've started college...(I kind wonder if it has anything to do with me going from a 4 year university to my local community college...lol)<br><br><br>Ess. A&P: B<br>Ess A&P Lab: A<br>Medical Terminology: A<br>Health Skills: I<br><br><br>The I basically means Incomplete. I have until the end of the Spring semester to finish the course. In my case, I just have to talk to my teacher and do 16 hours of clinical time. I was unable to do it this semester because I've been on crutches since the start of November. As soon as I finish this course, I'll be eligible to test for my CNA(nursing assistant). I'm also planning on applying for the next round of the my school's LPN program, which starts in August. Woot Woot.<br><br>@Frontcannon, When I was in high school, in my Senior year(yr12) I took Pre Calculus and we spend most of the year doing Sine, CoSine, and Tangent because our teacher didn't really want to teach. Near the end of the semester, she quit and we got a new, first year teacher. We learned more in those few weeks than we learned all year with the other lady.<br><br>Now my little sis is in her class and she's really weak in math, but is doing really well in AP Calculus<br><br>Anyone else get good grades?

Edited by Tarat

Wow...your snow beats mine...lol...Ours is almost gone already...just a little bit where there's shade...We might get some more this weekend though...

Last week, it was in the 70s(Fahrenheit) and prime tornado weather...I think there actually was one or two west of me...A week later...freezing temps and snow...

Happiness: Exam results are back, and I passed the year with Excellence :D This guarantees me a scholarship when I apply for university next year!

@Zwicky

Good luck! Don't be like me...I was lazy my first year of college and lost my scholarship =( I've been paying the last 2 years out of pocket...This semester my books are gonna be around $600USD...:(:(

I've since brought my grades back up and will hopefully get another scholarship, just in time to start my school's nursing program.

Happiness: Thanks to unusual circumstances, I've managed to get Serif PagePlus X4, PagePlus X5, PhotoPlus X4, MoviePlus X3 and DrawPlus X4 for £40, as opposed to something like £350! They arrived today.

Also, sorry about my absence as of late; thank's to my previously mentioned accidental success in a competition, my English teacher's been entering me into more competitions around the country, meaning I have to work overtime. A LOT. :( On a happier note, Emily is now reliant on me as I am her. :) Who cares whether it's amoral, it works, in a messed-up kind of way.