The Sanctuary

Rubrica

I'm considering dualing Ubuntu, Kubuntu or Xubuntu with Win7 sometime in the future. Thoughts?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I'm considering dualing Ubuntu, Kubuntu or Xubuntu with Win7 sometime in the future. Thoughts?

Ubuntu is by far the most end-user friendly Linux distro I've ever tried, and since it's based on Debian, it's super-versatile as well. Further, the changes present in the new release make it even better - note that I have not encountered the Inkscape bug Simon mentioned, while I have used the program to edit a client's logo already today.

If you're looking to run a Linux distro as a Desktop operating system, Ubuntu's huge library of optional packages and automatic non-primary partition recognition and mounting make it a breeze to switch to.

I'd go with Ubuntu and try the other two environments.

I've never tried KDE - primarily because I hate the whole K[] substitution. Like "Mortal Kombat Kollection", "Konqueror" and its ilk just get on my nerves. :wink:

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

My happiness: well, a lot of things, really. But I'll just type as I think of things I'm happy about.

Google Chrome is awesome (I stopped using Firefox entirely a few weeks ago; Chrome is ~4x faster, and I never run out of RAM, and it passes Acid3).

I just managed to learn the intro to Paranoid Android on my guitar, and it feels epic :)

Oh, and I'm in Mozart mode (constant awesome music creation ftw).

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Sudden happiness: Saw lots of awesome YouTube videos. A
(Van Halen song) and some Asian guy tasered himself on webcam (and was knocked out).
If you liked that ten year old playing guitar, check out
. He's got over 200+ videos so you could watch him play all the coolest songs you've heard. Here is another
by him.

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

My happiness: I was browsing Yahoo Answers, and the funniest question was posted:

"Im trying to remember that song that goes bum bum, bum bum bum, bum bum bum, something something,?"

I lol'd.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

A few happies:

- My server's host surprised me with two free domain tokens. I can now get two domains for free!

- I got invited to Google Wave. This means I now have 20 invitations. If you want one, and you think I'll give you one, PM me.

- First term is over, and second term is filled with classes I am really excited to take

- Paranormal Activity was awesome!

signature.png