This is so sweet! I got a PS3 today and I'm playing Uncharted 2 right now! Lovin' it!!! :mrgreen:

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

I was reading stories from fmylife.com, and got through about three pages before I realized that they made me feel really, really tired. Stories about misery make me hurt, and stories about stupid prima donnas pretending that their life sucks worse than anything else make me hurt even more. I get so angry when people want you to believe that their lives are so terrible just because they're going through the normal, natural, everyday stuff of life.

"But David! That's far from being a sanctuary post!"

Perhaps true. But then I clicked over to givesmehope.com - and one single post on that site erased all of the gunk that was dripping off the other site. GivesMeHope and MyLifeIsAverage.com - examinations of the little things in life and how thinking about how enjoying life is more worthwhile than hating it.

GMH

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I love posts on FMyLife that are basically idiots complaining "I [did something really stupid] and suffered the consequences of my actions. My life sucks." Yes, perhaps your life does suck, but mainly because you were born without a functioning brain. :roll:

If you'd rather read happy stories, check out ItMadeMyDay.com - same concept as FMyLife, but the other side of the isle. Posts like:

The other day I realized it had become very quiet in my living room and found my four year old daughter huddled under a blanket with a few stuffed animals. When I asked her what she was doing she said “Planning a zombie attack. I’ve got your back.” IMMD
A friend and I were crossing a very busy street in a crosswalk and some d-bag blew by right in front of us – and immediately following him was a state cop who rolled down his window and yelled, “Here comes justice, ladies!” to us right before he pulled him over. IMMD
About a week ago, I wrote “Once Upon A Time…” on the bathroom wall. When a returned to the stall I found the wall had been filled with a story about a dragon and a lamb becoming friends. IMMD

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Adding it to my blogroll now. It looks like a mix of GMH and MLIA.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

I was reading stories from fmylife.com, and got through about three pages before I realized that they made me feel really, really tired. Stories about misery make me hurt, and stories about stupid prima donnas pretending that their life sucks worse than anything else make me hurt even more. I get so angry when people want you to believe that their lives are so terrible just because they're going through the normal, natural, everyday stuff of life.

"But David! That's far from being a sanctuary post!"

Perhaps true. But then I clicked over to givesmehope.com - and one single post on that site erased all of the gunk that was dripping off the other site. GivesMeHope and MyLifeIsAverage.com - examinations of the little things in life and how thinking about how enjoying life is more worthwhile than hating it.

Let's not forget MLIG and AverageCats, both brought to you by the same people behind MLIA. And for the record, FML, rather than depressing me, just makes me feel better about my own life. And I get a good chuckle out of some of the stupid bloody potato people do.

... ¢rap is censored now?

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

^ Oh man, that site is brilliant - thanks for the link! For anyone who's ever worked in a service position, there is some measure of comfort in collectively mocking the fools we have to put up with. :lol:

~ Becoming the Archetype

averagecats and MLIG are already on my blogroll; Not Always Right has just been added.

Unfortunately, I'd never heard of it before. Unfortunately, I've heard of it now - I'm on page 34, with none of my homework for tomorrow's class finished. ;)

~ Becoming the Archetype