Rubrica

The Sanctuary

Really happy to read that @Pixey ... so very glad for you. 

I know what a daunting thing it all is and currently being in limbo myself with the same thing again, how sapping it is.

Huge congratulatory hugs from here

• Upvote 2

The NHS is much maligned by the press with horror stories and criticised by a World Leader as not working ... but it surely is a great thing.

Wednesday evening my daughter was on Student Placement and fell unwell. 

The Paramedics she was with took her to one of the busiest Trauma units in the North West of England querying Bacterial Sepsis ... where within 3 hours she was seen by a Consultant, had blood tests, an MRi scan, a Lumbar Puncture and on a ward receiving IV antibiotics and painkillers

5 days in hospital getting the best care possible ... and the Tories want to dismantle this great institution

Getting rid off the Monarchy would free up a lot of cash ... 

On 9/26/2018 at 8:47 AM, LionsDragon said:

I hope she heals up quickly!

thanks @LionsDragon.   

She gets tired easily but is on the mend.  Apparently another 12 hours without treatment ... well, I don't want to think about it.

It hasn't stopped her going out with her course mates tonight to celebrate passing their first OSCE of the new year ... ?

• Like 1

Sashimi makes me happy:

dinner.jpg

I'm not normally one to take photographs of my dinner before I eat it, but damn, that was looking pretty awesome!

• Like 3

That does look pretty tasty and extremely well presented - but it's the texture of raw fish ... I can't do it.  Cooked prawns are too far for me

I had an experiment tonight with an  "authentic KFC" recipe.  T'was the blandest thing ever.  

Spent time marinating the chicken in buttermilk overnight - made up the spice mix

... next time I think I'd rather go to a KFC and lick a strangers fingers.  There'd be more taste

Not sure this is the right place to post this, or if it may be of any use to anyone, but I think one-page calendars are quite a think-outside-the box curiosity for someone mostly accustomed to traditional calendars. So here it is:

one-page-calendar-2019.jpg

• Upvote 2

I managed to get G'MIC-Qt version 2.4.3 compiling with Visual Studio, and the Stylize filter rendering time dropped from 32 seconds to 2 seconds for the same image. 😲

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1