Scaling of the select tool

It would be real useful if you could set the scaling of the rectangle/oval select tool. I needed to cut out a portion of an image that was exactly 120x160 and if I could have set scale to that (or 12x16) that would have been a lot handier than the way I ended up working around. I think in PS they have Fixed Aspect Ratio, normal, and something else. Seems like it would be a very simple change to make. Thanks for your work guys. -Theo

You can't set how big the selection area is (as in, type in a specific size) but at the bottom of the screen it does tell you how big the selection size is. :) Just make your selection the size you need it & then place it where you want on your image :)

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

ya, saw that, but if you can set a scaling size you can set say 12x16 and then expand that onto a large image, crop what you want and then image size down to 120x160 ... which is what I was trying to do. What I ended up doing was cropping out border images I didnt want, then resizing image down to 120v and then cropping out a 160h piece out of that. Inefficient, but it did work.

If you hold down shift while you increase the selection area, it retains its aspect ratio...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.