changing background color?

hunterbr

I have loaded a jpg into paint.net. There is a black background to the various components of the jpg. Is there any way I can change all the black pixels in the jpg to white without altering any non-black pixels?

Thanks

Chris

Yep!

1. Shift and click the black pixels with the magic wand selected. This will select every black pixel on the image.

2. Choose the rectangle tool and change the outline icon at the top of the window into :ShapeInterior: .

3. Drag from the top left to the bottom right.

Ta-daa! Play with the tolerance if it's not exactly right. 0% tolerance chooses only pixels that are exactly the same as you click; 100% tolerance chooses the entire image. In the middle, you get various darknesses and lightnesses. Just make it look like you want.

Hope this helps!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

You're welcome! :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• toe_head2001 changed the title to changing background color?
  • 8 months later...

I have Paint.Net 4.2.15 running on Windows 7. I have the same issue as hunterbr had back in 2007.

I tried to follow the steps you prescribed.

#1 .Worked fine.

#2 says: Choose the rectangle tool and change the outline icon at the top of the window into :ShapeInterior: .

I chose the rectangular tool, but I could not find an outline icon at the top of the window to change. Did I miss something, or has paint.net changed the procedure since 2007?

Harry