Multiple File Open on Vista

skatterbrainz

I don't consider this a bug, but I also wasn't sure if this qualifies as an enhancement request, but here goes...

On my Vista desktop at home, I can right-click on a JPG image file and choose "Open with..." and then "Paint.net". However, if I highlight multiple files, there is no "Open with..." option anymore. Only "Open" and "Edit", which opens in the photo or picture manager app. Is there a known way to get my computer to support opening with Paint.net with multiple selected files on Vista?

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I thought that the "Edit" command opened the images with Paint.NET...

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

Not by default. I suppose I can go dig into Vista and redirect "Edit" to invoke Paint.net. By default it opens the Picture Manager thing.

Can't you "reinstall" Paint.NET and select "Set it as my default "X" editor?" using the Advanced option in the installer?

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Not by default. I suppose I can go dig into Vista and redirect "Edit" to invoke Paint.net. By default it opens the Picture Manager thing.

Can't you "reinstall" Paint.NET and select "Set it as my default "X" editor?" using the Advanced option in the installer?

You can do that for 2 or 3 of the filetypes. I forget which ones, but I dont think jpg is one of them. You can rightclick a jpg file though, go down to open with, click choose program, find paint.net (its located in c:/program files/paint.net), select it, and make sure you have the box that says something like "Always open this kind of file with this program" checked, and hit ok.

I'm still alive!

You can do that for 2 or 3 of the filetypes. I forget which ones, but I dont think jpg is one of them.

IIRC, there's one checkbox for JPEG, GIF and PNG, and another for TGA.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio