PaintDotNet.exe - .NET Frame Work Initialization Error

when i try opening pdn i keep getting this error Please set registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NET Framework\Install Root to point to the .NET Framework Install location.

i dont know what is causing this, or how 2 solve this error, so if anyone knows how i can fix this please help me because i'm not about to give up on pdn coz i love it for the wonderful things it has helped me create.

:( even whats worse is that i had and art project scheduled but now thx 2 this problem i can't finish it in time.

AAM.png

1) Has it worked before?

2) Have you tried reinstalling the .NET framework?

3) Have you tried reinstalling Paint.NET?

4) Is there a crash log on your desktop?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

i tried a repair but it didn't work, i uninstalled .net framework and it said the .net framework was successfully uninstalled from my computer then i restarted my pc ran paint.net and i was running perfectly yesterday, then when i woke up today so i could start on my art project i couldn't open PDN and it gave me that same error i had before uninstalling .Net Framework :? i dont get it this is all confusing PDN was working 9 hours ago. and i still have .Net Framework 2.0., but when i try 2 install a hot fix it keeps giving me some bull that i have 2 have internet explorer 5.01 installed in order for .net framework 2 b installed :?: WTF :x

Man pc's suck. i'm done with pc's i'm a get me a Mac.

AAM.png

Wait - what version of Windows are you running? Paint.NET will only work on Windows XP and Vista. If you have 98 or 2000, it won't work.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

and what version of .NET Framework 2.0 are you installing ? x86 or x64

x86 is for 32 bit CPU's and x64 is for 64 bit CPU's. Alsoif you installed .NET Frameworks 3.0 with .NET Frameworks 2.0 this could be a problem. So make sure then only .NET Frameworks you have are .NET Frameworks 1.1 and .NET Frameworks 2.0. (NOTE: You do not need .NET Frameworks 1.1 but some programs do to install however Paint.NET needs 2.0)

• 4 months later...